Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

*deep breath* DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
So everyone seems to be flipping their shit about how good the new Doom is. I've watched some videos and it definitely looks like a great time. I'll probably pick it up soon, but has anyone actually played it yet?

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Heard a lot of good about it but doing everything I can to hold off on buying it as I have so many games in my backlog atm I just can't justify buying it right now, esp at full price.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Roommate got it a week ago and I've watched him play a few times. It seems pretty incredible and exactly what you hoped a modern Doom would be.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
It was almost an impulse buy, but they didn't send out review copies to anyone and I hate that shit so I redboxed it for a day last weekend. Thought it was an absolute blast and plan to rent it again soon so I can finish it. Old school DOOM action that gets intense as fuck.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
The game starts kind of slow, but once you get to Hell shit pops off quite nicely. I love the sound design where the battle music builds and builds as more enemies show up and you're just tearing shit apart to rippin' metal and its the fucking BEST.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
So I've been listening/reading various GOTY discussions this week and it made me want to go back and play this again. I uninstalled it months ago to save some space since it was big and I had the disc so I would probably have to just download a few gig patch and off we go, right?

The patch is THIRTY ONE GIGS. And it's probably mostly new multiplayer maps which I have zero interest in. On my hard drive(s) I have fifty something games installed. That patch is larger than all but like five of them. That is fucking ridiculous.

Guess I'll reinstall Hitman instead and maybe buy some of the other episodes.