Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Deshaun Watson Facing 22 Civil Lawsuits

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Decided this is now worth its own thread considering a 14th lawsuit has come against Watson.

"Fourteen civil cases filed against the Houston Texans' Deshaun Watson through Tuesday accuse him of a range of actions during massage appointments over the past year, from refusing to cover his genitals to forced oral sex."

"Tony Buzbee, the attorney for the plaintiffs, said in an Instagram post on Saturday that he would submit affidavits and evidence from several women to the Houston Police Department and the Houston district attorney Monday morning. He also said he will request that a grand jury consider the evidence and determine whether charges should be brought against Watson by the state of Texas."

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
There's actually 10 women who are still being interviewed by Buzbee. Worse yet, I found out from Pat's YouTube show (I can't spell his last name and I ain't looking for it) that five teams are still wanting to trade for him even before letting this all die down.

Geezus.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Famous person being outed as a creep is definitely not surprising, results vary on who it actually is though. To echo Kageho, if my team was one of those 5 I'd be mad. Probably wouldn't do anything more threatening than some retweets, but shit.

Staff member
Reaction score

I don't know why anyone would disbelieve any of this other than that people are preconditioned to disbelieve women accusing a rich man. Well in this case it isn't one woman and it's well over 20. And there's already tons of evidence that this guy went around shopping for massage therapists like he was working a Tinder page. Also, at this point it hardly matters if two or three of these are proven to be false because that doesn't invalidate all the rest.

The other, most key component is that Watson and his defense lawyer are barely defending him.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
I think that's more what HQ was meaning. There's no way you hit 20 or more if there wasn't at least one that was true.

I don't really think to any of us here it is that we don't believe people. It is just so disgusting that we're just like "how the fuck can you do something like that once, let alone fucking twenty or more times". People want to believe the best in others.

Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, I’m just saying... it seems like a lot of people out there in the world don’t believe this.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Oh my bad. Took that a little too on the nose.

Still though, it really blows my mind that when you get up to this many that people are still skeptical.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If there's enough to do it, someone in the DA's office really needs to start drawing up the criminal side. If we're going to hold a sexual predator accountable, hitting his wallet is only half the battle. I don't wish the stress of a sex trial on any victim, I would hope somewhere in that 20 is someone able to feel safety in numbers. And if they're traveling and get assaulted, this might go beyond Houston courts. I guess it'd be hard to prove his intent, though. The court stuff seems really simple in books and on TV and then when you actually put it into practice, it becomes evident why the LSAT, Bar, and all the other prerequisites are so difficult.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
List continues to grow: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ouston-texans-deshaun-watson-pushing-total-21

That statement in the lawsuit clarifies the contents of a lawsuit filed by Houston attorney Tony Buzbee on Sunday night that said Watson was deleting Instagram messages and contacting the women "who formally provided him massages, in an attempt to settle" those cases.

One of the lawsuits alleges that Watson "made obscene sexual gestures," and the second says that over the course of four sessions, Watson "purposely" exposed himself to the massage therapist and touched her with his penis and ultimately groped her, coerced her into oral sex and ejaculated on her.

Staff member
Reaction score
He also found 19 people who said he was a good client. So this MF has had 40 massage therapists in TWO YEARS.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
No fucking way would I have that many. I could see, let's say 10 for travelling for like maybe one in each city I've been in, and even then it would be from recommendations I got from others, but these are all unknowns in the Houston area, right? Like what the fuck Deshaun.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He also found 19 people who said he was a good client. So this MF has had 40 massage therapists in TWO YEARS.
My favorite part of all of this is that he decided his best course of action was to bring in other therapists to vouch for him as if that matters in the slightest. It would be like Tiger Woods using a defense of "but look at all the Perkins waitresses I *didn't* try to fuck, thank you very much."

Is it wrong to presume that the staff of a major sports franchise wouldn't already have a vetted list of high-quality physical/massage therapists for their guys to use if they need them? Motherfuckers shouldn't be out in the Houston suburbs trolling strip malls looking for a backrub and a happy ending. These dudes should be in five-star spas having mud shot up their ass under a marble sign that says "The Only Stiff Thing You Should Grab In HereI Is A Credit Card"

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
if someone is a predator, no amount of socially acceptable avenues to get a massage will make a difference. innocent until proven guilty and all that but over a dozen serious allegations makes it hard for me to think he's innocent.

I definitely believe the team was aware of his behaviour, and just tried to hide it. It should be investigated but if that's the case and I think it is, they should be held accountable as well.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So according to most of the youtube sports clips I've watched since yesterday, there is a universe where Watson faces zero criminal consequence for this and it'll all go away via money and maybe a season of suspension in play. This is serial predator behavior, not 20+ misunderstandings.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
People have also been trying to equate Watson's situation to the rape accusations against Ben Roethlisberger & Kobe Bryant (both were 1 case IIRC, maybe 2 or 3 in Big Ben's case) or the Michael Vick dog-ring situation but he had a 3-year prison sentence suspended via good behavior given to him.

But Watson's facing 20+ accusations and it's not like this is was a group of 3 women conspiring for a quick money grab situation.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

"NFL quarterback Deshaun Watson now will have to answer whether he had sex with 18 additional therapists who came to his defense about his massage habits last year, according to a ruling Tuesday by a Texas judge.

The plaintiffs’ attorneys countered by saying it will help show Watson’s pattern and motives in seeking massages with dozens of different women, many of whom he met on social media. They asked the court to compel him to answer, leading to a hearing in court Tuesday between the two sides.

The plaintiffs’ attorneys also succeeded in their quest to compel Watson to produce certain other information about his history of massages since 2019, as well as any language about massages in his contract with the Houston Texans, Watson's previous team. The judge gave Watson’s team 30 days to comply.

Hardin, his attorney, last year said a big reason Watson saw so many different women for massages was because “spas shut down” in 2020 amid the pandemic.

Buzbee told USA TODAY Sports last week that this explanation recently didn’t hold up in his pretrial questioning of Watson.

“He couldn’t say any place was shut down because of COVID,” Buzbee said. “He didn’t reach out to any place that shut down. He didn’t even ask.”

Hardin said the women suing his client are lying and out for money but that there were "sometimes consensual encounters."

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Welp https://sports.yahoo.com/report-des...ages-17-months-texans-behavior-221930918.html

"Watson met with at least 66 women for massages during a span of 17 months from late 2019 to early 2021. The piece also reports that Texans team security provided a nondisclosure agreement to Watson that he later employed during massages, as well as a hotel room where at least seven women met the star quarterback for sessions."

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Watson deserves the bulk of my soapbox rage for being the main villain in this story, but God DAMN does he have a lot of enablers that share in some of this.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I don't see how the NFL let's him play this year. This is turning into a Trevor Bauer level nightmare.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Yahoo's Charles Robinson said Watson and the NFL player's union "have already made the decision to file a lawsuit against the league in federal court" if Watson is slapped with a yearlong suspension after being accused of sexual assault and misconduct by dozens of women.

Welp...

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
6 game suspension to be reduced to 4 if he goes a whole month without raping anyone.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Good thing he wasn't caught doing something really bad like smoking a joint or he would have been gone the whole season.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Watson got off easy but Goodell being allowed to choose who gets to hear the appeal is shady as fuck.