Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

DESTINY Series Discussion

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: DESTINY

Preordered the digital copy and now it's going to sit there installed mocking me for the next 12 days.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Yeah, I think I'm going to cancel my disc version and pre order the digital CE version

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Same actually. I figure this is one of those games I'm never going to trade in so I might as well just go digital for it.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score

If you purchase destiny as a digital copy on 360 or ps3 you get a free upgrade to xbone or ps4 respectively. Possible work around for a lot of people to get that game for free.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score

I'm stuck in Korea until Saturday so my copy will be collecting dust in the envelope. Any differences between main game and beta?

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Played it all day yesterday. Hunter class and in underwhelmed. They seem to have adjusted the hit points of many of the guns and the hunter class has horrid health. Some of the latter missions will be impossible if you don't have a fire team. Brutal.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

It's honestly one of the most fun things I've played in a long time. The social aspect is great. I grouped with three friends last night and we just did story and patrol missions. Tried some of the PvP multiplayer on my own as well and had a blast.

I rolled a Titan this time out since according to Bungie stats most people were rolling Warlocks and Hunters. Titan has a great Super Power move and is a total tank. I'm just running up to shielded Captains and melee'ing their faces off! Good times!

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score

I like this. It's a little repetitive but I also enjoy it.

Seeing that the first raid took a team of professional gamers 12 hours to beat is a little disheartening. I will probably never even get to attempt them.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score

First game I've owned a week and traded in. I'll probably rebuy it a year or so from now when it's dirt cheap and there's more incentive to get light armour.

My idea of fun is not whoring one mission to get loot drops.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Mik said:
I like this. It's a little repetitive but I also enjoy it.

Seeing that the first raid took a team of professional gamers 12 hours to beat is a little disheartening. I will probably never even get to attempt them.
I like the idea of the raid, but this friends-only execution is a bit limiting, IMO. They really need to patch in an option for match-making, and also for searching for a replacement player if someone leaves mid-mission.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score

I've never played an MMO before so I'm really liking all of the public events and different challenges to try now that I've reached the level cap. Farming for legendary gear is a little annoying but I can anticipate being super pumped when I actually get something epic.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I haven't gotten a single purple drop from any enemies. I'm finding it much easier just to build up a rep with a faction and then earn the currency to buy the legendary gear from the vendors.

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I was running random level 22 strikes, and during the Sepiks Prime mission I had two Legendary engrams come up about 30 seconds apart. It was like seeing a double rainbow or something. One just gave me a Mote of Light, but the other one was a decent Legendary pulse rifle. Also had a Legendary come up from a rare engram. Not a bad night.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Been farming at the cave. Last night got at least three purples. Leveled up the crpytarch, got a legendary engram. Turned it in, got an exotic helmet...

...for a Titan.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score

I spent a few hours at the cave last night. I didn't get anything noteworthy - just a shit load of blues. I had to quit a few times when an asshole would show up and get too close and not budge.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score

I joined the Dead Orbit faction. I need some way to get some legendary gear ASAP. Still no purps.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Dead Orbit is who I joined as well. I'm almost at rep level 2 with them, so I'll be able to buy some gear finally! That being said, I did get a purple chest piece from a blue orb drop last night! It was roughly the same one that the New Monarchy sells.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score

So, after some farming...

Exotic Auto Rifle
Purple Sniper
Blue Rocket Launcher (it explodes into cluster bombs)

Purple Helm
Blue Gauntlets
Purple Chest
Purple Boots

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score

Broward said:
So, after some farming...

Exotic Auto Rifle
Purple Sniper
Blue Rocket Launcher (it explodes into cluster bombs)

Purple Helm
Blue Gauntlets
Purple Chest
Purple Boots

Dick.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Yeah, I showed a co-worker who plays my Warlock and he had the same reaction. I've got a purple machine gun as well while the Sniper is a variant of the "Final Boss" that you can buy.

It really all came from the cave.. My crpytarch rank is over 9 right now, which I've heard helps in getting higher drops

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Spent a couple of hours at the cave tonight. Ton of blue engrams, nothing legendary, which pissed me off since someone joined the firing line for a couple of passes and got a legendary after like 2 minutes. That's the perils of random loot drops though I guess. Then, when I picked up my bonuses for increasing my cryptarch level, all of THEM were blue. Assholes.

I won't run short of weapon parts or plasteel any time soon though.

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I feel a bit better now. Advanced my cryptarch level and went to pick up my stuff from the mailbox and got three legendary engrams. Got two blues and an exotic missile launcher.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score

RNGesus taketh away but RNGesus also giveth back.

(Rocket yard is where the congregation of his Holy RNGesus now presides)

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score

In better news, they will be fixing the loot next week. Purple engrams will correspond to purple and blue to blue. They are also adding legendary items to daily and weekly missions to increase incentive to do them.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score

Just got my very first purple item from a legendary engram. It was for titans. I am a warlock. :( :( :(