Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

DESTINY Series Discussion

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Re: DESTINY

Bruno 'The Tire Iron' Coltrane said:
KingPK said:
It says its unavailable on its own on the XBone store (and PSN apparently) and you have to buy the $80 "Digital Deluxe" version with everything else.

Fuck right off with that. At least bundle all the DLC together and don't make me rebuy a game I already fucking have. Every other developer has figured this shit out already.
I don't know man. I bought it on it's own on the PSN store for $39. I checked last night and it's still there.

I figured out that on XBone ypu can only get Taken King alone if you own the base game AND the expansions. Which is still bullshit. Why can't they just offer the expansions and Taken King together? Isn't that what most people who come back to the game are going to get?

Exslade ZX

Integral Poster
Reaction score

KingPK said:
Bruno 'The Tire Iron' Coltrane said:
KingPK said:
It says its unavailable on its own on the XBone store (and PSN apparently) and you have to buy the $80 "Digital Deluxe" version with everything else.

Fuck right off with that. At least bundle all the DLC together and don't make me rebuy a game I already fucking have. Every other developer has figured this shit out already.
I don't know man. I bought it on it's own on the PSN store for $39. I checked last night and it's still there.

I figured out that on XBone ypu can only get Taken King alone if you own the base game AND the expansions. Which is still bullshit. Why can't they just offer the expansions and Taken King together? Isn't that what most people who come back to the game are going to get?
They do...that's essentially what the 'Legendary Edition' or whatever it's called is. Yes, it comes with the base game as well. But the Taken King alone is 40 bucks. So when you buy the legendary you're essentially getting TDB and HOW for 20 bucks.

What are you asking exactly, to just be able to buy all 3 for 50?

edit- (Which, technically you could buy them alone without buying the base game again. And just buy the expansion I/II double pack for 35. And then Taken King for 40. But I'd imagine most would just rather spend $60...If you have one anywhere near you I'd look into Best Buy's Game Club Unlocked program. 20% off all new games. So I just rebought a physical copy, of TTK for 47, then offloaded my original Destiny for 20 bucks. )

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Quest system on the Taken King is awesome.

Well, the raid lasted a whole 7 hours before the first group beat it. Debating if i should watch it or not.

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Was doing the Three of Coins trick on "The Winter Kell" to farm exotics, and the method does work. Got two copies of "The Stag" (Warlock helmet), a better set of "The Impossible Machines" (Warlock gloves) then the ones I bought from Xur, and Telesto, a fusion rifle which fires bolts that do stick to the target and explode, causing a bit of splash damage. Plus, it looks pretty cool.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Decided to dive back in since the sequel is coming in September. I had only finished up to halfway through the 3rd expansion.. and, wow, so much has changed. They still don't have matchmaking for raids, but everything else seems to be set up perfectly to the point where I am even having fun doing the daily repeater quests. Also, I don't know what happened, but for some reason I am much better at PVP/competitive matches. Either I got better or everyone else just sucks now. ;)

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score

So far I feel like 2 is creating a better story and emotional impact. Feels similar but like a more fully realized game.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Definitely enjoying the story. The music is fucking amazing as well. I was going to wait a bit and work on my backlog, but the hype train got hold of me.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Hit level 6 last night. A lot of my PSN friends list seem to be at 20 already but I'm slow-walking it to enjoy the scenery along the way. The flow of things out on the field is much more organic and the game really benefits from it. Flowing from an Adventure mission to finding a Lost Sector and then a Public Event just feels so much more natural than Destiny 1.

The overall game is just much more slick and smooth in it's presentation as well. Probably a side-benefit of not having to launch on last-gen consoles.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
My IRL friends got to be friends with a bunch of guys playing Friday the 13th and we all ended up joining in their clan on Destiny 2.

It's been amazing for me. Finished the Nightfall last week and last night I had the privilege of being carried through the Leviathan raid. First time I ever have even been able to attempt a raid and we finished it. I was so stressed out during the boss fight because one mistake can lead to a party wipe, but we finally got it done. Probably one of the best things I've done playing games.