Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Dexter

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The last season was just a shit show. Dexter’s final villain is... that lady’s kid. They did their best to try and tie so much crap together and it was just awful and super uninteresting.

Don't forget his one facial expression

5992760-6802907022-aDex8.jpg

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They better not fuck this up. That incest story line had me angry. That whole last season can be flushed like a turd.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
The show runner said it's not going to be based in Miami, and isn't going to be a reboot that forgets the last season, meaning all deaths from it will be adhered to.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is anyone watching the reboot?

I'm not really sure I understand the point of it. There's been basically no stakes on Dexter/Jim getting found out until this week's episode and the way they got there was really ham-fisted. None of the new characters are particularly memorable, either.

And I'm mostly just pissed that they didn't recreate the opening credits with outdoorsman Dexter.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I've watched two episodes I think. It's nowhere near as bad as the last few seasons of the first series, but Brock's right in saying it's boring. I'll probably never finish it.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
This was an easy pass for me as I was never clamoring for a Dexter continuation/spin-off and the best seasons of the original run (IMO) were still the 1st Season and the 4th Season with John Lithgow.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This was god damn spectacular for 9 episodes. I'm still trying to figure out my thoughts/feelings on the ending. Every weakness pisses me off because they had a VERY long time to write this. Every strength is like, "well, they had a damn near decade to write this, so it better be strong."

But like I said for the Breaking Bad and original Dexter endings, there's only so many realistic ways you can go with a finale when the main character is the villain. I think the implications for what happens next in this universe are more impactful than anything that happened on screen.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Finally got to it. Overall I was alright with it. But it’s more fun to talk about the bad stuff than the good. So here goes.

The Dues Ex Batista meeting with Angela is the most unforgivably bad piece of writing/plot the series has ever done. It’s an attempt at fan service that is so lazy, and far fetched I’m shocked the show was allowed to go through with it.

She goes to a hotel across the state to check on a lead. Using the guise of there being a police conference at that exact hotel. Hey. It’s Batista talking about the Bay Harbor Butcher. He then talks to Angela, and drop the line “I knew a detective with good instincts once, had a nephew named Harrison by gum.” That’s what breaks open the whole thing. Yikes.

Dexter also killing the cop in the finale was completely out of nowhere. Didn’t fit the series at all.

Also don’t get how they got Clancy Brown down in his bunker for the kill. The guy is built like Big John Studd, and you want me to believe they got him down that ladder deal unconscious?
[\spoiler]

But I did like most of it. Oh, and the podcaster was too obnoxious. I get the angle, but it could have been toned way down.