Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Dexter

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not sure how they end this show in an acceptable way. I wish Dex would have been caught at the end of a season and then the last season plays out with him in jail.

Or they could have just not have played out Season 6...

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Dexter likely goes out dead or in prison for life, but at this point I am almost more interested to see Deb's outcome considering the way she is being portrayed in the Season 8 trailer.

She is broken.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A season with him in entirely in jail would get old, fast. He needs to be out, still doing his killing, until he is finally put down (permanently). He can't have a happy ending (for himself at least) IMO for this show to go out proper, IMO.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You know, a season in jail wouldn't be too bad because it would at least be a shot in the arm and a deviation from a quickly stagnating formula.

Unfortunately, I will never see my scenario for a series ending play out: Dexter is jailed, kills another inmate(s), goes on death row, gets saved by the government who recognizes his killing ability, faking his execution and making him a globe traveling assassin for the CIA.

:eek:

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As kinda goofy and genre-embracing as that sounds, I like it. It could be an interesting story; some kind of mysterious secret organization is zeroing in on Dexter as his world falls apart, he's desperately trying to stay one step ahead of shadowy assassins at all times... and then it turns out they don't wanna kill him, they wanna give him a job doing what he does best.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I've spent the better part of a decade accepting Dexter and hid killing ways. So the Deb story with her going bonkers about it doesn't do it for me. Just roll with it, bitch.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jingus said:
As kinda goofy and genre-embracing as that sounds, I like it. It could be an interesting story; some kind of mysterious secret organization is zeroing in on Dexter as his world falls apart, he's desperately trying to stay one step ahead of shadowy assassins at all times... and then it turns out they don't wanna kill him, they wanna give him a job doing what he does best.

And of course he keeps his son as part of the deal.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If he changes his name to Jack Bauer and all of this is a prequel to 24, I'm in.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
AboveAverage484 said:
You know, a season in jail wouldn't be too bad because it would at least be a shot in the arm and a deviation from a quickly stagnating formula.
My original idea for the final season was with Dexter in jail, the season would revolve around his trial, which lets face it would be quite a circus, a serial killer that only kills killers, the media coverage alone would dwarf even that of the OJ trial. But the other part of the story for the season would involve another killer in Miami and they have to go to Dexter for help putting him in kind of a Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal Lecter role.

Boon

Win.
Reaction score
Comes back this weekend. Pumped.

Read a minor potential spoiler from someone who claims to have seen the premiere:

"Meanwhile, Dr. Vogel (played by Charlotte Rampling), a neuropsychiatrist and criminal profiler, is back in town. She is old friends with Matthews and volunteered to consult on a new, gruesome case. Vogel makes Dexter nervous, and between her and Deb, he is closer to a nervous breakdown than ever before. Vogel has an ulterior motive for showing up at Miami Metro... Vogel treated Dexter as a child. We don’t learn much else about her in the season premiere, but it seems pretty easy to see why she is there: she thinks that Dexter’s traumatic childhood has turned him into a serial killer."

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
I hope they have delivered a thrilling and fitting final season.

This could easily go the 24/Entourage route of just completely ruining the show, but I hope not.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Well, the jump in 6 months left a lot of things in to a convenient reset mode. Matthews back as chief, Batista unretiring to be a homicide detective again, etc. I like the idea of Deb being disassociated with Miami Metro.

Wasn't expecting that lady to directly call Dexter out so quickly - I thought they would drag it out.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure how I'm feeling... It seems the "2" main plots of the entire series (nearly every single season) is either, "I have a kindred spirit in this serial killer" or "Some high ranking member has suddenly joined the department and may be onto me!"

If the spoiler is true, that'd be a nice twist but I'm in wait & see mode.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anyone else think that Matthews may know about Dexter as well? Would explain why he was blowing off LaGuerta's theories last season.

NoCalMike

Reaction score
Wow, Batista's niece is loving her some metro pd meat, aint she? Don't see Angel taking to that too well, and you know he will find out. Quinn is always making dumb decisions.

Since Hannah Mckay is coming back eventually, I'd love to see Lumen come back, help Dexter off her, and end up with him.....but I know that aint happening.

As far as Matthews knowing about Dexter, and the Crime psychologist lady, it does make sense that if Harry was going to go through with doing what he planned to do with Dexter, he'd need to setup some kind of support network just in case. It would hard to control and mold Dexter on his own without some guidance that would be around throughout his life.

OG

OG
Reaction score
This season is off to a great start. Really loving Charlotte Rampling's character and Batista and Quinn feel less superfluous than they have in a while.

Tentatively excited for this season being one of the best.

NoCalMike

Reaction score
Was definitely surprised at Deb confessing, but that was pretty slickly handled. Quinn not taking her seriously was the key.

Will be interesting to see if what she wrote down on that paper ever comes into play later on.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man, I really hope Vogel isn't a swerve. As in, it turns out she's behind all of this brain surgeon stuff and is just fucking with Dexter.

NoCalMike

Reaction score
I sort of have a feeling that is how it will go. Like maybe she is grilling Dexter because she wants to be like him and is trying to figure out a pathway to get there.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tiger Style said:
Man, I really hope Vogel isn't a swerve. As in, it turns out she's behind all of this brain surgeon stuff and is just fucking with Dexter.
Same here, because I'm already getting that feeling. Of course, the alternative is that Dexter has once again been targeted by YET ANOTHER SERIAL KILLER WHO JUST-SO-HAPPENS TO LIVE IN MIAMI, which is something the writers have overused to an abusive level.

Still, Charlotte Rampling is great in the part; that's one of the nice things about Dexter, they find really awesome guest stars (even though many of the main cast members are, shall we say, not the best thespians in the world).

I still like Deb, and watching her be like this is pretty heartbreaking. It's really a natural progression for the character, it all makes sense, but it can be rather uncomfortable to watch.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I agree, Charlottle Rampling is killing it in this role. I really enjoy the guest stars in this show, as well. Is something with Hannah McKay also supposed to happen this season? I'm wondering how they're going to tie all of this together and if Deb's boss Powder the Boondock Saint (wow his face aged) will figure into it all. Will he be a legit good guy or does he have some other fucked up secret that will land him on Dexter's slab?

NoCalMike

Reaction score
He probably wants to sleep with Deb, but that wouldn't make him different than most guys on the show.

The Dames

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I would love it if he confessed to Vogel about all of the people who know his secret and her solution is to hunt down and get rid of all of them. Hunt down Lumen, Hannah and others leading towards Deb in the finale.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Dames said:
I would love it if he confessed to Vogel about all of the people who know his secret and her solution is to hunt down and get rid of all of them. Hunt down Lumen, Hannah and others leading towards Deb in the finale.
...aaaaaand Dames wins the "holy fucking shit, that's such a great idea and would fit so perfectly that it might actually be the real ending!" award.