Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Dexter

NYU

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I actually liked the twist at the end. Caught me off-guard. Doesn't excuse the other 59 minutes of this snooze-fest. I'm already tired of Dexter and Hannah discussing their relationship in-depth, and it's only been the second episode since she's been back.

And if Cassie's boyfriend doesn't turn out to be the one that bludgeoned her, I may drop dead of shock.

BTW, they mentioned Vogel's husband a few weeks ago in a conversation between Dexter and Deb. Doctor Richard Vogel. At this point, that's where I'm guessing they may go with this Brain Surgeon stuff. How it will tie into everything else and end the show in a nice neat full-circle bow, well, who knows. It probably won't.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought this episode was a little better than the last few. I thought they were setting it up as Quinn killing Cassie and trying to pin it on Zach and thought they were making it obvious, but other people have other theories, so I guess the writers did something right.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
I thought Zach was pretty good in this episode constantly fucking up and dude-broing Dexter at every opportunity.

If it does turn out to just be Vogel all along then ugh.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
It doesn't look like Sean Patrick Flannery is giving up on the Hannah McKay hunt though, so he will be around for a bit longer, but ultimately I think he may get killed because if Deb is now willing to just accept Dexter/Hannah's relationship she will probably tip off Dexter about the $250,000 reward etc etc etc.....

Pretty sure Vogel either is the brain surgeon or is in on the scheme somehow, her husband perhaps? Who knows.

Figures they'd kill of Zach as soon as he wasn't totally annoying.

daileyxplanet

daileyxplanet
Reaction score
story_8764_PA-10041571sd3.jpg

Never seen Michael with a beard.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"I'm a wanted fugitive who shouldn't draw attention to myself. I know, I'll wear the tightest, pinkest dress anyone's ever seen."

Was really hoping Hannah living with Deb would lead to another "pardon my tits" moment, but nope.

NYU

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Awful.

Dr. Whatsherface: Oh Dexter, I know we have been searching for this killer for months and I totally forgot to mention I have a serial killer son who adores the song you asked me about earlier. We heard he died but nobody ever saw a body. I hope that wasn't anything important.

Dexter: Well, let me go to facemagic.com, everydocumentfromeverycountryever.com and superDNAmatchservices.biz and see if he might be involved.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And at this point how many houses has this guy broken into in broad daylight without being caught? The freefall of this show is quite stunning.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
At this point I'd be satisfied with Deb & Hannah McKay killing off Dexter, Vogel, Vogel's son etc etc etc and then Thelma & Louise'n' it to the closing credits. That's how ridiculous this is all wrapping up.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The show has been so spotty the last couple seasons. Dexter deserves a better final season than it's getting.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been able to forgive so much on this show over the years but the stuff that's been happening lately is just to much...I might be able to forgive it if it felt at all like a final season, but it just seems like any other. There's just no "oh my god this is really the end, what's gonna happen" vibe to it which to me is really the most disappointing aspect. Not to mention that I've always thought of the end revolving around Dexter being finally found out, and if he gets locked up, killed or somehow gets away but outside of the start of the season with Deb on her downward spiral<which also got fixed up way to easily> there's been nothing of the sort.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah this is pretty awful. Worse than it's previously worst season, IMO. I hope someone stabs Hannah in the face before the end of all this.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NoCalMike said:
At this point I'd be satisfied with Deb & Hannah McKay killing off Dexter, Vogel, Vogel's son etc etc etc and then Thelma & Louise'n' it to the closing credits. That's how ridiculous this is all wrapping up.
Then in the post credits scene, they get abducted by aliens to fight in an intergalactic war that will decide the fate of the universe.. because, well, might as well!

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
This has been such a disappointing season. There were a ton of roads they could have taken yet they go with a road that ends with 70 different forks all trying to be wrapped up/not even wrapped up by the finale.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its nice that they seem to think people give a shit about Quinn and Deb being a thing.

And is Masuka's daughter going to have a point? I'd almost rather she doesn't, because I can imagine the eye-rolling that'll happen when she ends up being the millionth serial killer in Miami. I'm pretty sure the producers just wanted to see her naked and wrote the part for her.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
So we have/had the following plot threads...

- Brain Surgeon aka Oliver Saxon aka Vogel's Son
- Dr. Vogel teaching Dexter the code & writing a new book
- Masuka's daughter coming into the picture
- Cassie's death and effect on Jamie + Cassie's murderer still on the run
- Jamie and Quinn's relationship/Quinn and Debra being together again
- Dexter and Hannah's relationship/Hannah killing off her husband
- Sean Patrick Flanery and LEM hunting down Hannah/possibly Dexter
- SPF and his possible/probable attraction to Debra
- Batista wanting Quinn to be Sargeant but getting overruled and giving it to the black chick
- Debra leaving SPF's workplace to return to Miami Metro
- The rich guy's son, Zack, being briefly taugh the code by Dexter himself and now the parents wanting to locate Zack

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The best is that they made a big deal about Quinn not being made Sergeant and the cop they did make Sergeant hasn't been on the show since.

OG

OG
Reaction score
Harley Quinn said:
So we have/had the following plot threads...

- Brain Surgeon aka Oliver Saxon aka Vogel's Son
- Dr. Vogel teaching Dexter the code & writing a new book
- Masuka's daughter coming into the picture
- Cassie's death and effect on Jamie + Cassie's murderer still on the run
- Jamie and Quinn's relationship/Quinn and Debra being together again
- Dexter and Hannah's relationship/Hannah killing off her husband
- Sean Patrick Flanery and LEM hunting down Hannah/possibly Dexter
- SPF and his possible/probable attraction to Debra
- Batista wanting Quinn to be Sargeant but getting overruled and giving it to the black chick
- Debra leaving SPF's workplace to return to Miami Metro
- The rich guy's son, Zack, being briefly taugh the code by Dexter himself and now the parents wanting to locate Zack
Don't worry though, they have a whole, what, 3 episodes to wrap it all up?

This season has been beyond ridiculous and I feel like they're changing directions on a weekly basis for no real reason whatsoever.

"The best is that they made a big deal about Quinn not being made Sergeant and the cop they did make Sergeant hasn't been on the show since."
- This.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I'm at the point where I don't even care why the bad guys are being the bad guys. I just couldn't care less. Doomsday sucked, but I wanted to know what drove him and what the endgame was. The brain surgeon just doesn't hold my interest at all. Especially when you saw parts of it coming way too easily.

OG

OG
Reaction score
The one positive thing I'll say about this season: I honestly have no idea how it'll end*. I'm also at the point where I really couldn't care less but, hey, atleast it's hard to predict.

* = Ofcourse, this is because nothing about this season is logical or makes any sense but alas.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Dexter: where did it all go wrong? - http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/aug/27/dexter-series-finale "Not watching Dexter? Well, who can blame you. At this point, the only people still watching are life-hating masochists like me who grimly cling on to each new arid, inert, incident-free episode just because they've already sat through seven and a half godforsaken years of this tripe and they feel a wrongheaded sense of duty to discover how it ends."

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A little bummed there was no new episode last night. One of my favourite things to do lately is find reviews of the new episodes online and read the comments about how awful the show is now.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
It's hard watching this right after Breaking Bad. So terrible. I mean, am I supposed to care about what happened tonight?

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't think this episode was quite as bad as the past few, but it was really fucking boring. Tough to slog through the hour and the only things that made me roll my eyes were Masuka's daughter being high and the ER nurse knowing Harrison's name without Hannah telling it to her.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
i5RYOCS7SyIRn.gif

Dexter is the opposite of Breaking Bad

It's insane how much the writers fucked up the second half of the show by making dexter into an antihero instead of having him lose it after season 4, turn into a true psycho and face off with miami metro (with deb conflicted and stuck in the middle) for two seasons then end. I watched the Writers Room ep of Dexter and the writers basically see him as Batman. That's not right.

Dexter seasons 5-8 = WCW Invasion as it starts out interesting than turns into stupid hogwash

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I'm too far past the point of caring. The Hannah relationship doesn't interest me. The idea of Dexter uprooting his son's life to go on the run with a fugitive is horrible parenting. And the series' final villain bores the shit out of me. Making the doctor's son the same guy that was dating the neighbor didn't come off as clever at all. It was just eye rolling.

No. I didn't put 2 and 2 together there. Cause it doesn't make sense to. I thought making EJA's character in season 6 the little Hanks' dark passenger was clever. The only part I didn't like was the writers of the series wanting a pat on the back for this big shocker that they didn't think people saw coming. It at least made sense

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Jamie/Quinn/Deb stuff is especially bad.

"Why did you break up with Jamie, dummy?"
"I'm not going to marry her. Remember when we kissed?"
"It was just a kiss"
"I still have feelings for you"
"Me, too"

*teen drama music*

And when did Jamie have time to go to school? She's either watching Harrison or cooking someone else dinner.