Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Dexter

OG

OG
Reaction score
What the fuck was that?

I'm just speechless as how fucking god awful that whole episode was and, especially, at how moronic the ending was.

PS: Next time I need to wheel out a dead body from a hospital with a billion people running around and then carry it to my boat, I'll know how easy it is.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good thing he didn't have a bigger beer cooler on his boat.

Pretty sure Masuka's daughter only existed because someone on the show wanted to see her boobs.

"Yeah, Dex, we have video of you killing the guy that killed your sister, but you should probably just leave"

Hannah doesn't notice Elway get on the bus and sit right beside her (lucky that seat was empty on a packed bus) and the people behind her don't notice her stab him with a needle.

Some guy got his tongue cut out, must be Saxon!

I need a gif of Dexter's face when he's pulling the tubes out of Deb's mouth.

Harrison spends almost every waking hour with either Jamie or Hannah, but apparently never mentioned that he saw Hannah all the time to Jamie.

So awful, I loved it so much.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
You'd think Dex could pull the kid aside and tell him "How about you don't fucking say the name Hannah out in public all the time, you little shit."

I'm just glad it's over. The whole Hannah thing just sucked. The writers just forced the bitch on us whether we wanted her or not.

I'll fondly remember the first 5 seasons. And parts of 6 and 7

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wow, that sucked. "Dexter abandons his boy, Kevorkians his sister, inexplicably gets away with killing a suspect in police custody, and then inexplicably fakes his death in a hurricane (he would've been lost far out at sea where there aren't any islands, without a freaking boat in the middle of a freaking hurricane) in order to BECOME A LUMBERJACK and give the camera a sad end-of-Goodfellas hangdog expression." Really?

NYU said:
Clyde Phillips Ending: (original show runner)
Uh, I don't see how that's much different from "it was all a dream", if all his dead victims are there watching this ending.

ITS A LANDSLIDE said:
So, Miami Metro never finds out they had the biggest serial killer in Miami working for them all along?

They are worse than the Springfield Police Department.

And, did Quinn contribute anything to the series in the six seasons he has existed?
No. Yes. No.

ITS A LANDSLIDE said:
Rita hasn't been mentioned since like season 5 lol.
Saxon mentioned her offhand on one occasion, something along the lines of "I know your wife was murdered, I wonder what that story is like?" but that's all.

Youth N Asia said:
The whole Hannah thing just sucked. The writers just forced the bitch on us whether we wanted her or not.
Yeah. Once she showed back up again, Dexter took like one day to decide that she was the love of his life (just don't ever mention her father again, LOL the show never did!). I would've rather they pulled the trigger on the Dex/Deb incest than put up with fuckin' Hannah, whose entire character constantly changes from episode to episode. And whatever happened to Lumen?

Nobody else mentioned this: what a bitch way for Saxon to die. That's like some Stephen King-level anticlimactic shit there, getting stabbed to death with a pen in a three-second slapfight. I guess it's appropriate that such a lame final villain would get such a lame death, but it was just one of many underwhelming moments tonight.

HaVoC

Vanity is my Favorite Sin
Reaction score
I knew I'd be disappointed going into the finale, but that was LOST levels of bad. Nobody questioned Debra's body, Dexter, Harrison or Hannah's disappearance? Elway never told anyone he saw Hannah with Harrison?

There should be a spin off comedy about Miami Metro.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
So Dexter drives his boat into the middle of a hurricane, the boat gets destroyed and he survives unharmed to go become a lumberjack? It's just so simple, why didn't I think of it <-< At least it's finally over, I never did purchase the dvds past season 4 and I think I will know keep it that way, and in the future re-watch those seasons then try to convince myself that after Rita's death Dexter went on full on psycho and forgot the atrocity the show became...

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
even with all that crap, that last scene could have been salvaged a bit if instead of that being Dexter going into the house it was someone else, who upon walking in sees the room covered in plastic gives a little "What the.." before Dexter comes up behind him and injects him with his needle, close up on Dex's face with his old emotionless expression, fade out.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Quinn, who I think we are supposed to forget knows Dexter is a serial killer, and Batista just rolling their eyes and shrugging their shoulders to Dexter's blatant murder of Saxon is hilarious.

OG

OG
Reaction score
CletusVanDamme said:
even with all that crap, that last scene could have been salvaged a bit if instead of that being Dexter going into the house it was someone else, who upon walking in sees the room covered in plastic gives a little "What the.." before Dexter comes up behind him and injects him with his needle, close up on Dex's face with his old emotionless expression, fade out.
That's what I was expecting til I realized that the lumberjack was Dexter.

JAxlMorrison

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/23/dexter-interview-series-finale/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dexter-series-finale-showrunner-scott-632536

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Scott Buck (showrunner of seasons 6-8) needs to be banished from television forever. But, then maybe Showtime deserves what they got when they let the writer of Tremors 4: The Legacy Begins take over their most beloved show.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jingus said:
NYU said:
Clyde Phillips Ending: (original show runner)
Uh, I don't see how that's much different from "it was all a dream", if all his dead victims are there watching this ending.

The difference would be a dream never actually happened..

Dexter actually seeing his dead victims is him hallucinating them similar to how he sees Harry all of the time.

----------

Either way, haven't seen this yet.. but yet I can't bring myself to even care about being spoiled.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
A few years ago I would have never imagined I'd rather just read the spoilers to the end of Dexter than watch it. I'm two episodes behind and I guess I'll get around to it someday. Maybe while doing something else because I don't think I can sit through two more episodes of this without a distraction.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Seriously, tek. This used to be a show I would watch with my undivided attention. Now it's just background "might as well watch this while I surf the net" fodder. =\

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
If you end the series at the conclusion of Season 4 then you can assume that Harrison's fate is sealed to be the next Dexter as he was "born in blood" just like his dad.

From that point on I always had assumed that was the direction they would go in the end.

Am I disappointed they didn't? Nah, I'm just more annoyed at how the finale did go.

Ed Wood Caulfield

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So, I guess the reason Miami Metro didn't stop Dexter right then and there when they caught him killing Saxon was because they just assumed he was acting in a fit of rage? Is that the idea? Am I putting more thought into this than the writers?

I was hoping that *that* would FINALLY be the moment it hit them...but then it's just dropped. What more does Dexter have to do?

And Dexter abandoning his son just makes him a bigger piece of shit than all of the killings did. What a dick.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even if they bought that Dexter killed Saxon in self-defense, they just let him go when they knew he was going to leave the country. Probably the worst police department in TV history.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm ready for a spin-off that features Officer Barbrady from South Park moving to Miami and taking over the homicide division and instilling credibility. Because a fucking illiterate cartoon cop is more competent than the current crop at Miami Metro.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
pic_127_clean_790.jpg

Could be the most compelling season in years

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
So compelling that they misspelled "Premiere" too!

daileyxplanet

daileyxplanet
Reaction score
Well I have my Halloween costume for this year, season 9 Dexter. Not really a fan of the last episode. Should have just pulled the Dark Knight Rises ending like they were telegraphing. Or the suggested ending. The problem is there was neither redemption nor justice.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
I just finished the run of the show and reading the last several pages made me lol

I never had an emotional attachment to this show, so that it become a ridiculous illogical soap opera didn't bother me that much, because that's basically what it was most of the way, it just got way more ridiculous as it went along

I watched season 1 on rec from a friend who had it on DVD way back. After that I watched 2 and 3, but not weekly, can't remember if I marathoned them or just went 2-3 eps at a time with breaks. I tapped out after season 3. The show was already so f'n ridiculous at that point. I went a long ass time without watching Dexter again, but then I caught a random ep on someone else Showtime (the one where Zack get's his skull shaved) and I dug it and was like, "eh, maybe I should go back and watch all these seasons I missed"

I'm glad I watched season 4, probably the peak of the series. I dug the Doomsday season. I dug the shit with Lumen. I actually enjoyed watching all of it, even though a lot of it was absurd and ridiculous, because that's basically what the was the whole time. If you can accept that and not compare it to Breaking Bad or The Wire it can be entertaining.

That said, that lumberjack ending, WTF. I initially was like, "did this just happen, what is this, is this like what Dexter wishes he could be while he's drowning/ripped apart/dying while GOING HEADFIRST INTO A STORM!?!" and that would be "eh, ok? I guess" enough, but THEN I read interviews with the writers/producers and they were like, "well, the boat had a raft with an outboard motor...." and I was like "UGH"

shitty end to a mostly entertaining show

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
I also heard/read that Michael C. Hall had a lot more influence on the last few seasons of the show (franchise star pushing his weight around and all) so maybe blame him partially for some of the nonsense that occured

The Dames

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wow. I just finished the series after giving up half way through this season.

My original idea for the endgame back on page 8 was a MILLION times better than this shit. I can't believe the level of disappointment I have for this ending.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I don't think they possibly could have done that any worse. What bothers me most is this was a group of people that agreed that this was the way to go

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have two episodes of my marathon I started in October. Season 8 is just as bad the second time around.