Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Disco Inferno thread

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Disco Inferno is/was a regular poster at the Wrestlezone.com forums under the name "GG Inferno".

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We're way better than WrestleZone, somebody show 'em the link and invite 'em over here so he's liable to stay on all of our couches.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Kung Kamala said:
We're way better than WrestleZone,

Also better than Wrestlepalooza, home of Shawn Valloric and Cal Moriarty.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Scott Hudson after Disco hits a The Last Dance on Spyder: Just like a rattlesnake, he comes out of nowhere.

It might just be the fact that Tenay's mediocre TNA work taints his early years in WCW but Scott Hudson might be the greatest WCW announcer of all time. Behind Dusty Rhodes, of course.

Staff member
Reaction score
How can anyone hate Disco Inferno? I can't believe what I read earlier in the thread.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So basically Disco Inferno trolls booking meetings.

What a great thread! "Her bikini wet with gratitude" and BPS needling HTQ because Disco Inferno never died from taking a suplex. Laughs had.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
czech can you assign the board vocabulary words and make us use them in short stories

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Disco Inferno is on Konnan's podcast this week.
http://youtu.be/mXWVIdr76i4

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Konnan's interview with Disco Inferno is p. good. He manages the rare feat of calling out the IWC without sounding too whiny and actually brings up a great point...WWE's biggest problem is their audience is smarks and little kids and it's impossible to cater to both and please everyone.

I was like :eek: :eek: :eek: when Disco Inferno called out WWE for not being realistic. This guy won a match when a disco ball randomly came down from the ceiling and hit his opponent in the head. I was like ::) when he talked about how WWE's main eventers should be older than they are now.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
He made great points in the first half, but then he started talking about the "realism" of cameras everywhere and...yeah...

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Saw this thread bumped and expected to read Disco is flashing his dong on premium cable now too

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
The interview was entertaining but I didn't like him and Konnan burying the Samuel Shaw gimmick when it's one of the best things going on in TNA now. Also, Konnan is a bit of a dick.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Reine Drop said:
The interview was entertaining but I didn't like him and Konnan burying the Samuel Shaw gimmick when it's one of the best things going on in TNA now. Also, Konnan is a bit of a dick.
Maybe I was just half listening to it but I thought Disco was putting over Sam Shaw.

(I probably was half listening to it)

Laz

Reaction score
Disco put it over, but the usual cast buries it as a Dexter ripoff. It's made me want to write in and point out that it's more Patrick Bateman than Dexter just to see if they've ever seen American Psycho.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
MLW Radio's podcast where they have old WWE writers (Court Bauer, Alex Greenefield) in a roundtable buried it too. I feel like the people who bury the Sam Shaw gimmick would have buried Razor Ramon for being a Scarface ripoff if podcasts existed in 1992.

Laz

Reaction score
I love when Greenfield buries something because I just remember that he was on one of the worst writing teams in WWE history.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, he's far from the worst regular on MLW Radio podcasts but whenever he buries the current product, it's mind boggling. I'll take current RAW over an episode of Smackdown from '06 999 times out of 1000.

Ed Wood Caulfield

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When it comes to wrestling, I really don't mind it when famous movie characters are ripped off. Get the inspiration for an interesting or unique character wherever you can. Samuel Shaw isn't any worse than Scarface Razor Ramon or Crow Sting (and later The Dark Knight Sting). What matters is whether the person playing the character can pull it off.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Vince Russo @pyroballyhoo · 49m
I have to publically say this-I am Disco Inferno's BIGGEST FAN! The best interview in the wrestling business--bar none.
OK...which one of you guys is secretly Vince Russo? I'm gonna say KOAB.

Laz

Reaction score
Now that he's not as busy working MLW Radio fans when he's on, possibly because he's on more regularly, he's come out as saying that most of the booking ideas attributed to him were total ribs just to pass the time. Any time somebody mocks him for "Bill Ding" or the invisible wrestler, all he does is laugh to himself because those were jokes.

The VIP episode on Friday was him and Court and they went into how the last crop of indy talent took the wrong elements from Misawa, Kobashi, etc. They focused on the moves and not the psychology behind the moves, and how the American audience wants more entertainment than sport compared to the Japanese. He's also not wrong.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cranky Konnan ‏@CrankyKonnan 3h3 hours ago
@TheRealDisco @MLW is this a true story about Jericho's wedding?
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/3opxvm/people_who_have_met_wrestlers_who_was_the_nicest/cvzh4kn

Glenn Gilbertti ‏@TheRealDisco 14m14 minutes ago
@CrankyKonnan @MLW true story, one of the bridesmaids was dating former Orioles pitcher Scott Erickson...

Glenn Gilbertti ‏@TheRealDisco 13m13 minutes ago
@CrankyKonnan @MLW ...so it was an outdoor wedding and like 90 degrees, so our shirts were getting drenched....

@CrankyKonnan @MLW ...it was at a golf country club, so Scott Erickson and myself would literally go into the laundry room...

@CrankyKonnan @MLW ...to tumble dry our shirts every half an hour until the wedding moved inside.

Scott Erickson and Disco Inferno profusely sweating at Chris Jericho's wedding is the best, not really that interesting story I've heard all day.