Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Disney + Streaming Service Thread

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Give me a universe where Charlie Conway is coaching the rival team in the championship game, plz.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
falcon-and-winter-soldier-poster.jpg

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Mighty Ducks: Game Changers first episode dropped and it is great stuff. Already a series I'll probably enjoy a lot as it's basically Little Giants meets the remake of Cobra Kai with Emilio sliding back into the Gordon Bombay role like a glove.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It was pretty good. It took a minute to wrap my head around it because of how Emilio looks like his old man now.

Graham and Emilio have good chemistry and I like a good “getting the band together” montage and this was a good one.

It didn’t feel like a parody like some other nostalgia reboots do. I was personally hoping that the kids would taken the Hawks name just to come full circle.

All I ask is that the season finale ends with Charlie Conway showing up to see his old coach win again.

Dandy

Reaction score

I didn’t see this discussed anywhere but I might have missed it. MCU Spider-man can be on Disney+ (at some point), nearly completing the MCU on the platform. Other Spider-man movies; Marvel properties from Sony; and much more coming to Disney+ and other services.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Finished up the final episode of Mighty Ducks: Game Changers and it went where it was expected (although I loved the way they actually got to that point). Overall, a pretty enjoyable series and kid me would've dug it a lot too. I do kind of wish Coach T wasn't written so one-note as he didn't have that same "heel" charisma as guys like Wolf Stanton, etc. from the movies. Also would have made it more interesting if he were nuanced much like the coach from Mighty Ducks 3.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Dylan Playfair deserves better than being a one-note heel. He's routinely one of the best parts of the Letterkenny cast, and that says a shitton.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
A live action Gaston movie could be really funny if done right. It'd be Jamie Lannister pretty much.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Been watching and enjoying the 3 Part Documentary on The Beatles: Get Back. I feel like even casual fans will enjoy this and music enthusiasts will really enjoy it. Also, it is kind of fun seeing them cursing and jamming and having fun when you consider how the band itself ended.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
First episode for Book of Boba Fett is out. Definitely feels like it will be a slower burn which is quite alright with me. If you haven't seen it there are some interesting flashbacks which answer some questions.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Pixar's Turning Red animated movie is hitting Disney+ around early to mid-March instead of hitting theaters.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
Book of Boba Fett episode 2 is awesome and features one of the most impressive looking characters I've seen in anything Star Wars.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Been catching up on a couple cartoon series that 7-10 year old me would've been all over in The Ghost and Molly McGee (big animated Beetlejuice vibes here) and The Owl House.

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Book of Boba Fett episode 2 is awesome and features one of the most impressive looking characters I've seen in anything Star Wars.
I can't get into it so far at all. Might way until they are all out and do a binge.

Feels like the adventures of an old bald man so far

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Been watching the Just Beyond series on Disney+. Great little teen horror anthology show in the vein of Goosebumps or The Haunting Hour. Highly recommended! Episodes are about 30 minutes with the first covering the Stepford Wives/Disturbing Behavior type plotline of an out-of-control girl being sent to a girl's school where they are brainwashed to be "good" (which I'm an absolute sucker for that story type). As a bonus, it stars McKenna Grace who's quickly becoming the type of actress that I'll watch anything she's in.

R.L. Stine is also a Co-Executive Producer, which probably explains why I dig the series so much. It has his kind of tone/fingerprints on it.

Last edited:

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Been watching old eps of Chip 'n' Dales Rescue Rangers on DisneyXD before the movie premieres on Disney+ tomorrow (doing a mix of CGI versions meeting their cartoon counterparts). The show is still enjoyable with engaging characters and reminded me that Gadget was one of the earlier females who weren't just the damsels in distress I saw in a cartoon.

Dandy

Reaction score
I introduced the show to my kids a while back and they loved it. Also Tail Spin. This added to their watching of DuckTales; Darkwing Duck; and lots of other cartoons from my childhood/teens.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
The Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers Movie was a lot of fun and far funnier than anticipated/one would think. Very Roger Rabbit meets the recent Sonic the Hedgehog movies between the cameos and solid plot/characterization. Obvious that the team working on it cared about the property. 7/10

My only nitpicks were that I wish Monty, Gadget, and Zipper were in this a bit more than they were but I also recognize this was primarily a Chip & Dale focused plot/movie.

Reactions: Laz