Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Disney + Streaming Service Thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not even sure what a "Star Wars" project is supposed to be, absent the context of Jedi. But, at any rate, it sounds like Rogue Squadron might be up your alley.
Yeah I know Luke was a pilot but I don't automatically assume a SW movie focused on fighter pilots will have a Jedi element.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd suspect the Cassian Andor series would likely be mostly devoid of Jedi, while also focusing on the spy / underworld / shady characters aspect.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I want a series on some of the most underutilized characters in the whole franchise. Either a solo series or just a big series with some of these dudes.

51QPJkDYUpL._AC_SY450_.jpg

BMqx4jz.jpg

porkins.jpg

PORKINS: THE SERIES actually would rule. Get the guy from Richard Jewell as Porkins please.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I'd suspect the Cassian Andor series would likely be mostly devoid of Jedi, while also focusing on the spy / underworld / shady characters aspect.
This is more what I mean. There's just more going on beyond Jedi bullshit.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Reebo Spinal Tap or Jawas Pawn Stars would rule. Just outside the box shit happening elsewhere.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That’s old news though it’s been in the works for like a year

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, I swear we talked about it here before. They were hyping it around the time Good Boys came out because one of those kids is supposed to be the main kid.

Those movies were special to me as a kid but unless the trailer brings surprises, watching that show would feel like watching a current day Nickelodeon show to me now. I’m just not the audience.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
@King Kamala I appreciate you posting this because you are also the Poster (besides myself) most likely to sneak “I’m the Baby” on an unsuspecting playlist

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
@King Kamala I appreciate you posting this because you are also the Poster (besides myself) most likely to sneak “I’m the Baby” on an unsuspecting playlist

I only watched the show for a couple seasons and was never a huge fan. Haven't seen a second of it in ~25 years, and yet I can STILL have that fucking song pop into my head randomly. Or the chorus at least. I'M THE BABY GOTTA LOVE ME CUTE PURPLE EYES IM VERY CUDDLY DONT YOU THINK THAT EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ONE OF ME? (OR THREE!)

NO I FUCKING DON'T!!

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I'M THE BABY GOTTA LOVE ME CUTE PURPLE EYES IM VERY CUDDLY DONT YOU THINK THAT EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ONE OF ME? (OR THREE!)
I said...
Jump on the bed, hit my daddy on the head
Pretty much do whatever I want to
Take every chance to make a poop in my pants
'Cause I'm the baby and you got to...

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah, that series finale was dark as fuck for such a family-friendly show. I don't remember watching it when it aired but when I revisited it a few years ago, I was kind of speechless tbh.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I know I watched it and had the toys and some shirts when I was a little kid but I don’t feel I could sit and say much about it. Except that song. I remember when it ended up on the Disney channel, I want to say in the early 2000s but I don’t recall trying to watch it then. When it came to DVD, even in the time period where I bought too many DVDs, I never bought it because by that point there had already been too many shows I tainted by not watching with the kid goggles on still.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
In the same screen with content warnings and those warnings if the material could cause a seizure, it appears Disney placed some “product placement” warnings on some of the stuff on their service.

While it seems hilarious in the moment, I’m curious if this is a sign for more forced product placement or something else coming.

Disney-Plus-Product-Placement-Warning.jpg

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
...I just realized that we may finally get that Aliens Saturday morning cartoon, at some point. The one the toyline was based on that never materialized.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
While there is still little known about Black Panther 2 given they are moving forward without and without replacing Boseman, it has been announced that Ryan Coogler is working on developing a show about Wakanda for Disney+.