Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

DRAGON BALL: XenoVerse

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When you first start it up just choose single lobby. The multi lobby is pretty unstable right now so you get disconnects a lot.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damaramu said:
I am in the single lobby and it still kicks me off.
Hmm that is kind of odd. I know they did server maintenance recently, and I haven't had any issues since then. But I know that even single player will still attempt to connect to their online servers to populate Toki Toki City with NPC versions of player characters. Though I could swear I saw an option to disable this.. it's possible I am making that up as I've been pretty wiped with no sleep all week, heh.

If you really don't use any of the online features, you can just go into your PS4 settings > Network > untick the Connect to Internet box while you're playing the game. That will prevent it from ever trying to pull information from the server.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well after it kicked me out last night it tried to reconnect and gave me a message saying it couldn't connect to the servers and I had to play it offline and then it worked like a charm from there. It's been very odd.

So has anyone done the parallel universe quest early on where you go from setting to setting fighting different Sabaimen? For some reason I can only get the first objective and the other two still read ????. How do you get the next two objectives in this quest?

I'm starting to move up in the story and the parallel universe quests are getting harder. The one where you have to find the Dragonballs and then after you find three of them Recoome attacks was pretty dificult.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think the ??? objectives are just hidden bonuses that the player may or may not figure out on their own. A lot of them seem to be "defeat the enemy within x-minutes" and then that triggers the next objective - http://www.gamersheroes.com/game-guides/dragon-ball-xenoverse-guide-parallel-quests-guide/

Saibamen’s Revenge – In this one you will need to take out about 15 Saibamen to win. The bonus objective is to kill them all in five minutes and then get Nappa to spawn through this. Apparently it isn’t a 100% chance because I had to do it 3 times before he would spawn. Make sure you are high enough level to kill the Saibamen quickly. In the first area take out the two in front of you and go through the gate near them. Leave the loner behind because he will just slow you down, take him out on your way back.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
;D

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/dragon-ball-xenoverse-shipments-top-1-5-million#6dGxmLXADOkbQfkS.99

Worldwide shipments for Dragon Ball Xenoverse have surpassed 1.5 million units, publisher Bandai Namco announced.

“I would like to thank everyone for their support on this new challenge,” Bandai Namco producer Masayuki Hirano said in a press release. “We decided to take a risk and create a completely new concept to entertain our fans and Dragon Ball lovers and we are quite proud of the successful result! On a more personal note, I feel honored to create a game around a licence as massive as Dragon Ball! On behalf of Bandai Namco Games: thanks for your amazing support! We will continue working and reaching new heights!”

The first downloadable content for Xenoverse will launch today in North America and Europe (tomorrow for PlayStation platforms in Europe).

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/03/dragon-ball-xenoverse-shipments-top-1-5-million#vqFrJMDmHCZTjr20.99

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It took me four tries on Saibamen's Revenge to get Nappa to spawn.

I'm still having a blast with this game. In the parallel universe quests I always use SSJ4 Vegeta since he just murders the shit out of everything.

I'm trying not to play too fast though because I want the DLC I paid for and don't want to beat it and not want to come back before it's released.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Picked up XenoVerse 2 on Amazon for 50% off - they've really refined the game for this sequel! Really love how huge the hub-city is now.. and I'm not sure if the first game played at 60fps, but this one definitely does and it's smooth as hell!

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I still need to finish the first one, but Bestbuy had XenoVerse 2 for $25 on Thursday so I snagged it. It's also Day One edition, whatever that means.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Day One edition is just cutesy for "hey, you don't need to buy anything else". Or at least that was formerly the code speak it was given.