Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

DRAGON'S DOGMA: DARK ARISEN

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Marie I said:
Ha, no way. I hired a high powered pawn called Brienne before turning off the game last night.
LOL I wonder if it was mine? I know the game does populate the world and the rift with pawns from your friends list if they're available. :)

Just a heads up - she likes to warn you that wolves hunt in packs. Repeatedly. ;)

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Marie I said:
It was a tall Brienne with armor and a long helmet/mask.
I think that might be her. I haven't played in a while but I remember having her in some kind of helm. How are you liking the game so far? It's really one of my favourites of the last little while. Great "sleeper hit" of a game, IMO.

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
I've really only just started. Maybe one hour in. I just finished the Hydra boss. Seems good so far. It was between this and Kingdom of Amalur of the free games I wanted to try next.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Marie I said:
I've really only just started. Maybe one hour in. I just finished the Hydra boss. Seems good so far. It was between this and Kingdom of Amalur of the free games I wanted to try next.
Definitely a good choice! Amalur is great too, though. :)

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
If my Brienne pawn dies, can I rehire it? I'm fighting a huge cyclops in a dungeon and your character, and my friend's character are both gone. I didn't even notice them dying.

Ah, I just rehired both pawns. Nevermind.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, you got it! The beauty of the friends lists pawns is that you never have to pay RC for them the first time or even on subsequent rehires, so that's really helpful.

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
I don't want to spend too much effort on this game so having good pawns is key for me. I'm rolling with your character (who's lvl 105), my friend's mage who's level 40, while my strider just hit level 25. I have another friend with a 63 sorceress so there's a good selection to choose from so far. The navigating can be extremely tedious. But I'm enjoying this.

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
Finished the main story + "post game" and am now doing the Dark Arisen portion on New Game+. It gets pretty tough after defeating the Gazer. There's no way I would have gotten this far without the high powered pawns helping me.

It also took me about an hour to fight the huge imprisoned Cyclops. Just stood on higher ground and slowly killed it with arrows.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah that Cyclops is a wild fight. There is one with an undead Dragon that is just insane as well, as it all takes place in one of those courtyards and the think keeps casting these crazy whirlwind spells.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
An upgrade of the complete Dark Arisen game is coming to PS4 and XBO this Fall! I know people are on the fence about remasters but this is one I am 100% behind! So many technical limitations on the PS3 version (and yet still an amazing game). Can't wait to see this running on a console with some power behind it.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Out today - back in the saddle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmh3J87mN6Q