Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

E3 2009

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think that only people who bought Infamous got keys for the Uncharted beta but i'm not 100% sure.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have a beta code for Uncharted 2, but no PS3 to play it on. First person to message me gets it!

luke-o

www.thecollectorsroom.co.uk
Reaction score
I've watched all the Nintendo videos.

Mario Galaxy 2 - Fuck yes! This looks awesome.
New Super Mario Bros Wii: Looks good, but I can imagine with 4 people it would get really annoying.
Resident Evil: Dark Chronicles - trailer looks nice, and I liked UC and it's based on my favourite game of the series so this should be good.
Resident Evil: Archives - Yawn. This game does not need ANOTHER remake. Although the archives title suggests they may do more. *Cough* do Resident Evil 2 *cough*
Metroid: Other M - Looks awesome, can't wait to play it.
Sin and Punishment 2: Looks good, hope it's good as the 1st one.
Mario and Luigi 3: Loved the first two games, will definatly pick this one up.
TMNT Smash Up: Hmmmm... dubious.
Sonic and Sega Superstars Racers - Oh God, this will probably be balls.... And I will buy it like the Sega whore I am.
Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth Ivestigations - FUUUUUUCKKKK YEAHHHHH! Not overly convinced on the third person perspective, the point of the 1st person in the PW games is that it made you feel like you were PW. But it could be good. Anything just to see Gumshoe again.

That's my views.

On the subject of "Natal vs Wii vs PSWiimote" - you can't compare the 3 really. If Microsoft had released the Natal as a new console, then yes you could. But they haven't, and neither have Sony. They are just gimmick perpherials to capatialise on the sucess of the Wii. Not to take anything away from Natal - man alive is that impressive - but for now it's just an expensive Wii Sports add on for the 360. The PSWiimote on the other hand is probably going to suck balls.

AndrewTS

Integral Poster
Reaction score
dubq said:
Are the RE Archives actual remakes or just ports?

Wii port of the GameCube remake of the PS game.

If they were doing any truly new remakes of any of the titles, trust me, you'd know.

Obi Chris Kenobi

Personal Text goes here, Venkman
Reaction score
This year's E3 hasn't been as bad as I thought to be fair, a lot of exciting games and 'major' hardware pushes from all the companys - even if it is the same tech with a different box.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AndrewTS said:
dubq said:

If they were doing any truly new remakes of any of the titles, trust me, you'd know.

Yeah, seriously. How many times do these really need to be re-released? Ugh, is it just so we can have them in a white disc case this time around?

Black Lushus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
dubq said:
AndrewTS said:
dubq said:

Yeah, seriously. How many times do these really need to be re-released? Ugh, is it just so we can have them in a white disc case this time around?

I think it's using the RE4Wii aiming engine.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I bet the only thing reworked about this will be the addition of "shake wiimote to get zombie off of you."

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just realized that the "pick up and carry other players" mechanic in NSMB Wii is directly lifted from one of the other great NES platformers: Ch-Ch-Ch-Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers~!

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We need the Capcom Disney NES games on the Virtual Console as much as Mother and Earthbound

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mattdotcom said:
We need the Capcom Disney NES games on the Virtual Console as much as Mother and Earthbound

MIckey Mousecapades, Rescue Rangers, Adventures in the Magic Kingdom ... and Duck Tales for all the fanboys?

DAY ONE

Thoth

Curleh Mustache~
Reaction score
Back from E3.

Shit was awesome. Sony's booth was enormous.

I got Uncharted 2 beta codes to give away on my website.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I LOVED the REmake for the Gamecube back in the day. The graphics still hold up as well, some 7 years later. A friend of mine picked it up and his disc had some unkillable Zombie glitch. He called me one day, asking if the Zombies are invincible, and I said no, just some seem to take more bullets than others. I stopped by his house one afternoon to see what he was talking about. I watched him fire 4 full reloads worth of ammo on a single Zombie, and the damn thing kept coming. Wasn't a Crimson Head either, just random zombie #42-B in a hallway.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Psycho Penguin said:
Mattdotcom said:

MIckey Mousecapades, Rescue Rangers, Adventures in the Magic Kingdom ... and Duck Tales for all the fanboys?

DAY ONE

Am I the only one who played Duck Tales 2? There's also supposed to be a Rescue Rangers 2 but I'm not sure it ever got released. I played a glitchy ROM once, though.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mattdotcom said:
Psycho Penguin said:
Mattdotcom said:

DAY ONE

Am I the only one who played Duck Tales 2? There's also supposed to be a Rescue Rangers 2 but I'm not sure it ever got released. I played a glitchy ROM once, though.

No, I am sure someone else played it. Hopefully it's better than Duck Tales.

Rescue Rangers 2 is cool, but just as easy as the first one. It definitely got released, though, I owned a legit copy for a while.

M

Matt Young

Nothing. Duck Tales was one of my favorite NES games back in the day, though I on;y owned 8-10. Rescue Rangers, I borrowed from my neighbor. Excellent game. I still can remember pushing boxes and battling a giant Fat Cat whose cigar embers threatened to rain death down upon your sorry rodent asses.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Black Lushus said:
What's wrong with Duck Tales?

I have no idea why I didn't like it, it just didn't appeal to me. Too non linear, I guess. Although the music was fantastic.