Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

E3 2017

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ok so A Way Out and the new NFS looked cool in the EA E3 press conference.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
PUBG is coming to XBox so that's good. Don't really care about 4K so I'm fine with just having regular consoles since the games will still work.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Get ready for the $500 Xbox One X.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-11-xbox-one-scorpio-is-xbox-one-x

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Some stuff looked cool, but I'm fine with just having both regular consoles and not spending $1000 (at the least) just for prettier games.

OG XBox games being compatible is a pretty decent feature because they'll probably be super cheap to find discs.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So will there be games exclusively for it? Otherwise fuck this noise. I'm good with my One S.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
It's basically a PlayStation Pro situation where games will look and run better on the X but work on both. Basically if you have or will get a 4K TV in the next few years this will be for you.

I will say them scoring PUBG as an exclusive is a pretty big get.

Molotov The Bear

Chainsaw Batman & Tyrano Shark
Reaction score
Anthem, The Last Night, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Assassins Creed Origins, The Artful Escape all looked really cool.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fuck everything else. Devolver Digital just won E3, there's no need for Ubi, Sony or Nintendo to even show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKgEsuEBhqI

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ubi just completely fucking destroyed it in their conference. Somehow that Mario/Rabbids game doesn't look like a complete dumpster fire, Skull & Bones looked good, AC looks like it could be good this year, and fucking BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2!

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even as someone who isn't into XCOM, that makes me way more interested. If it was just "Mario meets the Rabbids and they have some wacky adventures!" I would have been violently against it, but throw in a completely unexpected battle system like that, now they have my attention.

BorneAgain

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ubisoft and Nintendo realized the best way to sell a crossover with the Rabbids is having a game where you can shoot them in the face.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That Sony conference sure was a let down after last year. There was some solid stuff shown, but nothing really exciting

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Well Nintendo got me excited for a lot of stuff. Metroid Prime 4 and a sidescrolling 3DS Metroid? Yes please.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
This is the first time in like 10 years that all three companies seem to have a very strong system that appeals to a wide array of people. And even then the Wii was just riding on the fad of motion controls and sank like a stone when it died off whereas the Switch has a bunch of cool games.