Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

E3 2018

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Nobody may post in this but me but whatever.

EA's press conference was terrible. That we need to applaud developers saying "no loot boxes" shows how shitty last year was.

Destiny 3 Anthem looks....fine? They couldn't have picked a more boring and dry way to present it, however.

Crackdown 3 is getting delayed so who the fuck knows what Microsoft will have tomorrow.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Microsoft is claiming they'll have "15 World Premieres" today, but I'd be willing to bet at least half of them were already leaked in some form or another.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
fazzle said:
Microsoft is claiming they'll have "15 World Premieres" today, but I'd be willing to bet at least half of them were already leaked in some form or another.

Forza, Halo, and Gears of War and some other stuff. Xbox really needs more exclusive games.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Don't forget about the big Kenny Omega/Xavier Woods showdown!

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man, Microsoft buying Ninja Theory is fucking huge news for them.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
FUCK YES MORE CUPHEAD

They're actually giving me reasons to turn on my XBONE for something other than PPV streaming!

And a new Dying Light. The first one was awesome and this one seems to have a better story.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Microsoft is fucking KILLING IT with this presser.

Sony has their work cut out for them, and they're only focusing on 4 games. Gonna be rough.

Staff member
Reaction score
The crowd reactions to Fallout 76 being an MMO. Lol. Fuck that.

GENUINELY TRIGGERED

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I'm not even a fan of the series (I hate the combat mechanics) and I can tell that's a dumb idea. Maybe as an add-on but not as the core element.

EDIT: It was nice to see a hint of gameplay for Division 2, though. I'm fully expecting graphic downgrades, but I care less about that than actual gameplay. Love that they're giving us armor and adding some different mission types, so hopefully it's on par with the 1.7 update at launch.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well for what it's worth, they said the same thing about an online Elder Scrolls and it's now hugely successful after making it through the growing pains phase.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Watching people lose their shit over that Elder Scrolls teaser is hilarious. It showed literally nothing and probably won't be coming out for 4+ years, but...yeah, go ahead and be crazy internet.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
They better not fuck me over on Fallout, as someone who hates playing shit online. Because if they do that, and I miss the goddamn Mothman I'll never video game for them again.

I'm looking forward to Elder Scrolls happening, but I look forward to lots of things. I'm very content to use mods and ride Skyrim into the ground in the meantime.

I'm severely into that Devolver Digital lady.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://kotaku.com/bethesda-confirms-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826717721

Online Survival RPG - sounds like with a server style similar to that of games like Destiny and MHWorld. They also said you can solo the game if you want.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Much better to hear. Again, I'm not even a fan of the series, but I have a lot of friends who love it and don't want to hear their belly-aching over it.

Any news on GTFO yet?

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
So.... I've somehow gotten really back into Fallout Shelter. They've added a bunch of stuff to it. It's been on XBONE for a while so putting it on console isn't new but it seems much better suited for a more portable system like the Switch. If the save on my tablet could be used on the PS4 version I'd probably download that version too.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I wish you could somehow move saves around. I have it on the pc only now and I mess around with it for stretches. I just started a new game a couple days ago. It's a fun time waster.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saddam of the 909 said:

GENUINELY TRIGGERED

How did they react?

I have no problem with it being an MMO. I love ESO and have actually been thinking about getting back into it to play the new DLC areas. But I'm not FORCED to play PvP. I do go into the PvP server occasionally but it takes up maybe 5% of my playing time. I'd only go in once in a blue moon. I liked having the option.

I'm not down for a PvP survival game. The fear seems to be that you're going to get ganged up on and killed by a group of players when you're just trying to solo adventure. No thank you.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damaramu said:
I have no problem with it being an MMO. I love ESO and have actually been thinking about getting back into it to play the new DLC areas. But I'm not FORCED to play PvP. I do go into the PvP server occasionally but it takes up maybe 5% of my playing time. I'd only go in once in a blue moon. I liked having the option.

This is exactly how I play it. I go to the PVP zone when I need to but not for actual competition. I actually find it pretty easy to quest and collect skyshards in that zone without getting ganked (and tbh I think I can hold my own now - I found out accidentally that my Khajiit is pretty powerful when it comes to facing other players). The sheer size of Cyrodiil is what usually keeps me out of there. So much travel time and you can only really do shrines if they're captured by your faction.

Damaramu said:
I'm not down for a PvP survival game. The fear seems to be that you're going to get ganged up on and killed by a group of players when you're just trying to solo adventure. No thank you.
I'm hoping they have PVE servers. My preference with survival games would be co-op with players (friends or solo) vs AI.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You're right about Cyrodill. I spent my real money on a horse DLC just so I didn't have to walk around in Cyrodill because it was so arduous.

Staff member
Reaction score
No NPC's except robots in Fallout 76. Hard hard pass.

Damaramu said:
Saddam of the 909 said:

GENUINELY TRIGGERED

How did they react?

They were mad just like me. Honestly, I played years of World of Warcraft and have zero tolerance for MMO's anymore.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't understand why people are upset about Fallout 76. It's not a main entry in the series. ESO didn't stop TES6 from happening.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Being a main entry is not my problem. It's that always-online is unnecessary as a single solo player, the MMO shit, the feeling that the MMO/non-NPC shit is their way of skirting around the NPC garbage of Fallout 4 without actually doing anything, and that the community will be so toxic that it won't be worth trying after the first Steam sale.

It'll never be soon enough for Kojima impregnating Reedus, though. That's the good stuff. Last of Us 2: Phantom Pain seems like fun as well.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What NPC garbage in Fallout 4?

I know a lot of people hated Fallout 4. It just wasn't memorable for me is all. I really enjoyed it while playing but after it immediately left my head and didn't stay with me like New Vegas did.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Valeyard said:
Being a main entry is not my problem. It's that always-online is unnecessary as a single solo player, the MMO shit, the feeling that the MMO/non-NPC shit is their way of skirting around the NPC garbage of Fallout 4 without actually doing anything, and that the community will be so toxic that it won't be worth trying after the first Steam sale.
The game isn't out and the community is already toxic? Good to know.

It "can be" single solo'd - as in not partnered up with anyone else.. but the game world is persistent and will still be effected by other players, thus the online piece is kind of integral. I've never understood this level of bitching.. if a different genre/entry isn't for you, don't play it and don't buy it. Why get all bent out of shape about it?