Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Eating for a Better You

Dandy

Reaction score
You know what? I was 195.8 this morning without going to the bathroom, so I am going to count that as 195.0 for tomorrow morning’s goal before driving to the beach whether I hit it or not. I feel like I deserve a “close enough (that I may not actually need).”

1/10/2022 - 223.8

5/27/2022 - 195.8

28.0 lbs down

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Started weight watchers again. I previously lost a significant amount of weight with it. Today I cooked salmon with two types of topping. One was a sugar free Thai chili sauce and one was lemon pepper coating. The salmon was the wal-mart brand and looked like the person in the factory needed to take a smoke break because the slice job on the filets was terrible. The thick pieces were still rare in the middle (which, at hibachi that's fine, when cooking wal-mart salmon, ehhh...) and the thin slices were over cooked. I need to learn to compensate for that. Fortunately, the other people eating it liked it. Our sides were asparagus and chickpea based pasta with plant based butter and minced garlic.

Pretty good and VERY low WW points. I still have a few to use before midnight.

Mental Lee ILL

JN News
Reaction score
My family believes in the fact that it's not necessarily WHAT you eat. But it's rather HOW MUCH you eat. I went to a nurse practitioner recently, and surprisingly said that I'm NOT diabetic, despite all the pizza and soda I've been drinking and that my blood pressure is actually normal. But I *might* have high cholesterol levels. We don't know the answer to that, yet. But I do know that I'm now eating 3 pizza slices of pizza per meal and 2 meals per day. I don't know that means that I'm on a diet. But I do that my sister and I are now going to control our eating habits. (Mainly it's ME who will be doing most of that.)

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If you’re eating 6 slices of pizza a day total that’s probably 2,000-2,400 calories.

Is there anything else you like besides pizza? Like have the three slices for one meal each day and then something else?

I tend to agree with you and your sister about it being how much you eat, but your carb ratio has to be highly skewed along with fat with very little protein in your daily intake.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've got a friend I met in 1999 and I've only seen him eat pizza. To point, for one of our Wrestlemania gatherings I thoughtlessly decided "man all I serve at these things is pizza, I'm going to change it up" and did hot dogs instead.

I wound up having to order a pizza for him. His form has pretty much maintained since we met. He's not skinny but in a side by side comparison, you'd think he had a more diverse diet than I do. He's at least 80 pounds lighter than my 263.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You can like shit all you want and sort of get away with it but you're gonna need lots of exercise plus probably a good metabolism and a fair amount of good luck.

One of my best friends lives entirely on chicken finger boxes, cheese pizzas, and Diet Coke and he's way slimmer than I am because he bikes or jogs everywhere (and he's a teetotaler). Maybe diet sodas really DO work!

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
alcohol is a huge drain on your health, that makes a big difference.
I'm at the age where I genuinely have no idea how people are able to balance being regular drinkers and maintaining a regular exercise schedule. I guess most people don't?

My thirties definitely have knocked me down from functioning alcoholic to social drinker.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been hovering between 235-238 the last week or so. I was 280 in April. I'm doing weight watchers and also eating healthier options most of the time. Weekends are difficult because we have friends in the live entertainment space and if we don't front load with healthy food we wind up having to rely on bar food or diner food post gig. With my existing stomach issues it's hard to find things that aren't cross contaminated with dairy. The only plus to that is if I do get diarrhea, I usually drop a pound that day o_O .

I'm having a very difficult time reconciling how Weight Watchers will reward me all day for eating chicken breast but God forbid I eat a wing, thigh, or leg. I get that white meat breast is preferred and so the thigh and leg would have Weight Watchers points associated with it. Wings are white meat too but according to the app, even if I bake or air fry, I have to account for the points whereas chicken breast (not fried) is 0 points when I track it.

I've found the best thing for my sweet tooth: Sugar free Nature's Own bread, Crazy Richard's organic Peanut Butter, Smuckers sugar free jam/jelly/preserves (whatever is in stock on grocery day) and the 0 calorie non stick spray. Cook it like a grilled cheese in a hot frying pan. It's like eating a PB&J donut and it's only like 8 points, 5 of it from the PB and even that I can cut in half.

Mental Lee ILL

JN News
Reaction score
If you’re eating 6 slices of pizza a day total that’s probably 2,000-2,400 calories.

Is there anything else you like besides pizza? Like have the three slices for one meal each day and then something else?

I tend to agree with you and your sister about it being how much you eat, but your carb ratio has to be highly skewed along with fat with very little protein in your daily intake.
I like Lean Cuisine. I like their Ravioli and Lasagna as well as a few other things.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of sandwiches for lunch (JIF Creamy Peanut Butter, Welch's Concord Grape Jam, and Land O Lakes Butter w/Canola Oil being my weapons of choice). Thanks to SFH's post, I may have to look and see if Welch's has a Sugar Free version. How is the sugar-free version of the Smuckers taste-wise @SFH?

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of sandwiches for lunch (JIF Creamy Peanut Butter, Welch's Concord Grape Jam, and Land O Lakes Butter w/Canola Oil being my weapons of choice). Thanks to SFH's post, I may have to look and see if Welch's has a Sugar Free version. How is the sugar-free version of the Smuckers taste-wise @SFH?
It definitely has that "sugar free" taste I've found in brands like Walden Farms. It's almost close to jelly donut filling but with bits of fruit. It doesn't taste like a chemistry experiment but it takes a few sandwiches before you no longer notice it and just acclimate.