Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Election Day Thread! Countdown to Midterms begins now!

Who is winning?

• Biden

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Trump

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Biden but we won't know for a few days

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Trump but we won't know for a few days

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Kanye West

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Election day deserves its own separate thread from the 2020 election and senate/house threads.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-results-timing/ interactive to let you figure out when the polls will be closing and when to possibly expect results.

https://www.nytimes.com/news-event/2020-election (this seems to not be paywalled)

I'll try and add some good trackers tomorrow once things get going but if anyone has some recommendations you can say so.

OBVIOUSLY we will be having the traditional election chat. They're always a lot of fun. Well ok 2016 got pretty morbid. But other than that. If you aren't already a member of the slack chat or lost your account and want a new one than you can pm your email address (to any of the admins and we will invite you!)

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
The president has had a consistant 40-44% approval rating for basically his entire presidency. We are in the middle of a pandemic that he screwed up royally. And according to predictions we're going to have at least 120% of the vote from 2016.

I feel like the media is really playing up this "tight race" thing for ratings. We aren't having a tight race. We aren't having the highest percentage of eligible voters turning out since 1900 to re-elect a president with a low 40s approval rating.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope you fellas are right but I will still shut off my phone early evening tomorrow to prevent any bad juju. If they call it for Biden by 10 PM EST, hopefully one of my friends will ride down my ride Paul Revere style to announce it though.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Voted. Took a total of 15 minutes from arriving to completion. This is not typically a location with low turnout this early, which is a very nice and happy indicator.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How do we get to the chat fellas? I was about 13 minutes from parking my car to driving away.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
These results have me extremely nervous. Looks like Trump is overperforming his polls again.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yup this isn't going well. Starting to feel nauseous tbh. I feel foolish for being even a tad optimistic

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and will admit so. But I will have done myself the favor of less anxiety/depression/etc the last several weeks by being optimistic instead of getting all whacked up with doomsaying and theories. This might end up being another bad night. I hope not. But I'm glad I haven't made myself too miserable leading up to it.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Reports that Wisconsin, Penn. and Michigan won't be decided till maybe Friday