Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Energy/Electricity Saving: Lights, Oil, etc.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you guys do to save energy or electricity or whatever in your apartments/homes?

Just picked a couple of these up: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012CODTUO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 since they were an insane deal to replace the crappy light bulbs I've been using and plan to give some of them to my parents for use in their home.

Reaction score
We (my roomate and I) not only switched lightbulbs, but we put in automatic switches (in the garage and bathroom) that turn the lights off after a set period of time, because we suck at remembering to do that.

The biggest thing we did though, was replacing our shitty old boiler from 1970 something to a nice new cold-start Buderus (with an indirect-fired superstore for domestic hot water) that uses so much less oil it's ridiculous.

Buderus_Boiler_small.jpg

Same boiler, but not ours. We also replaced the steel oil tank with a fiberglass one; since we're both oil burner mechanics and we get used oil from changing filters and bleeding furnaces, we dump all that in the tank and we basically only have to buy oil maybe once or twice in the winter.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Do your laundry after 7 at night or on the weekend, half price. Airdry them outside before throwing them in the dryer for five minutes to get that soft feel to save even more money.

I stew in the heat, no need for AC.

Never turn on the lights unless it's night time.