Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

ER

Obi Chris Kenobi

Personal Text goes here, Venkman
Reaction score
Just started to watch ER from the beginning again, originally only got up to about Season 10 before I stopped watching for no reason. Only up to the 5th episode or so, but it amazes me how quickly the show manages to build up the characters and create a lot of emotional tense and relief. Also the 'Spot the Star' is pretty fun too -

That girl from Roswell
The little shit kid from Buffy
Ving Rhames
Ray Liota

Dr. Benton's character switches pretty quickly from the first two shows to the third and onward. In the first few shows he seems to pretty cocky, knows it all, but still good natured - seemingly having fun messing with Carter - but as the Series progresses he just turns plain sour.

Still, I love this show (at least the 10 seasons I've seen).

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
working on the last season atm, and just found out from the opening of an ep that Michael Crichton died last November, that one musta slipped under alot of radars cause I never saw any mention of it at the time.

Obi Chris Kenobi

Reaction score
I think it was mainly in the book thread, but yeah, bit of a gutter he died, but can't comment too much about him outside of his books that became movies to be honest. Strangely, it always surprises me that Steve Spielberg was involved with the pilot of ER.

Obi Chris Kenobi

Reaction score
I never realised how many comedy elements there was in ER.

Dr. Carter is your comic relief, but even Dr. Green has a lot of funny moments, and a lot of injuries are pretty 'comical' too.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
ER is one of my alltime favorite shows, and ive worked my way through owning 1-12 of the box sets so far, just waiting on some cash to pick up #13.

Regarding the last ever episode, i was expecting some major plot device to end the show, with them hinting the entire way through the 15 years that county is always at risk at being closed, it just ends with business as normal.