Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

ESPN Sucks 3rd Version

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I imagine that Fat Chris getting fired was the last straw.

I'm here for LeBatard on a non-Disney platform. I just hope it doesn't end up on a subscription service that I don't already pay for, because my disposable income is tapped the fuck out.

Reaction score
I imagine that Fat Chris getting fired was the last straw.

I'm here for LeBatard on a non-Disney platform. I just hope it doesn't end up on a subscription service that I don't already pay for, because my disposable income is tapped the fuck out.

Get ready for Mildly Questionable on Apple TV+

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
So, I just heard about a new podcast on ESPN's platform, First Take, Her Take. I am hoping that the podcast is successful, as it stars two women I know, and like (Chiney Ogwumike and Charly Arnolt, aka WWE's own Charly Caruso), and one woman I've never heard of, but have no reason to root against (Kimberly Martin, who is apparently a football reporter).

That being said, I can't help but wonder... did they even ask Molly if she was interested? Because if I was the only woman who regularly appeared on First Take, but was barely ever given the opportunity to talk, and then ESPN did an all-women's spinoff of my show, and I'm not a part of it? I might feel a way about that, if I were her.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Have to say I've been watching more of the espn talking head morning shows lately and.... wow are they a bore. This formula is beyond tired at this point imo

Last edited:

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
ESPN reporter Pedro Gomez has died at age 58. ESPN just announced.

Always thought he was pretty damn good

RIP

Announced in other thread. Missed that

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
ESPN reporter Pedro Gomez has died at age 58. ESPN just announced.

Always thought he was pretty damn good

RIP

Announced in other thread. Missed that

I saw this reported on Twitter, and it was one of those posts where you I just stopped scrolling and stared for a few moments. I couldn't believe it. I didn't know him or anything, but it was a huge, "Oh my goodness" moment.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Eli Manning is joining ESPN's college football coverage next season. He will have his own show "Eli's Place" where he interviews college players and coaches

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Incidentally, there were two Game 7s over the weekend, and the Conference Finals started yesterday, and the Worldwide Leader in Sports™'s flagship NBA show is off until Thursday.

Who in Bristol is responsible for that programming decision, and what is the name of their replacement? There are very few occasions when I wish that I had a Twitter account, but I kind of want to create one, just so that I can ask Rachel Nichols this question.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I don't usually hope for people to get fired, but I hope this is the end of the line for Stephen A. Smith at ESPN. This is such trash.

217489147_1843479299173750_4325664365653601784_n.jpg

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
This makes me even more hopeful for the chaos of a potential Game 6 in the Finals, if Maria Taylor doesn't re-sign. They can't replace her with Rachel Nichols, and I can't imagine that they would dare replace her with Stephen AaaaahahahahahahwhothefuckamIkidding? Like the people are the NBA's demographic give a fuck about anti-Asian racism...

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I just found this amusing in relation to the high school game ESPN opted to randomly show. If the tweet doesn't show up, the score is 44-0 in the 3rd with almost no fans in the stands. One of the schools was a charter school that had gone 0-6 last year and lied to ESPN about the quality of its roster.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Awful Announcing one declared Grant Napear and Jerry Reynolds to be the best NBA announce team. I therefore don't trust their "journalism" on anything, at all.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
It had no business on national television. But is a game like this really unusual? I'm browsing eastern Pennsylvania high school football scores and I see scores of 49-0, 50-0, 55-6, 61-6, 55-0. It's really a crappy sport in general.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
It had no business on national television. But is a game like this really unusual? I'm browsing eastern Pennsylvania high school football scores and I see scores of 49-0, 50-0, 55-6, 61-6, 55-0. It's really a crappy sport in general.
ESPN usually tries to air games between high-ranked/talented teams with regards to their high school games. Blowouts aren't surprising in general but this was like if ESPN aired a game near primetime between Michigan and Chicago College with the belief that Chicago College had multiple legitimate NFL quality prospects on its roster.

Note: I have no idea if Chicago College is a real college or not either.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
if you want but I'm with al in seeing regular season high school football having no place airing on ESPN. But if you're going to insist on airing it, it's absolutely astounding that a multibillion dollar corporation like ESPN didn't do any rudimentary vetting to see if the teams were at least marginally competitive.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The disdain LeBron and Paul Pierce have for each other is hilarious. Knowing this, the Celtics scheduling Pierce’s number retirement ceremony for a game when LeBron was in town—and doing it after the game so people couldn’t even leave early—was a disaster waiting to happen, and I’m pretty sure LeBron was all too happy to go out of his way to be a huge dick here.