FXjYpZa.jpg

End of an Era this Monday

:'(

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
El FlacoVerified account
‏@bomani_jones
if you wanna see unreal dedication to a losing cause, check skip out now. all of the loud and wrong.

Not saying he don't deserve it, but it feels weird to see seemingly all of ESPN (and even former alums like Rich Eisen) going in on Skip Bayless. It's almost rasslin-like in the way that he's getting jobbed out on his way out of the territory.

Reaction score
ESPN is pretty classless. Not saying Skip doesn't deserve it, but he's been around all these years and not a peep.

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
Well ESPN did suspend/fire Colin Cowherd before he went to FOX, so it isn't surprising that Skip is being shit on the way out.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
I think it is more a lot of people just don't care and are willing to say what they want. Also, it is sort of the wrassling treatment, because he is going to the "enemy", so yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if Screamer gets the same treatment on the way out.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
It amazes me how people continually think bursting Bayless' bubble and pointing out where he's wrong will destroy his credibility. He's made his career precisely because people can't stop screaming about how wrong he is. He's literally a professional troll.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Yeah, I kinda liked how they put it on LeBatard's show this morning. It's easy to work that gimmick: all you have to do is be totally shameless.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
The Undefeated post of Stop Hating Lebron rubs me the wrong way. If I dislike someone, that's my choice. Or someone else's. We shouldn't need to change our opinions, just because he's a great person. Sometimes great people can rub someone the wrong way because they are great.

As for me, I don't mind him. I do mind things like this.

Staff member
Reaction score
Skip has the easiest job in the world and it makes ESPN employees look bad to say something about him now when he was getting paid far more than them for trolling and they kept their mouth shut.

Flik said:
The Undefeated post of Stop Hating Lebron rubs me the wrong way. If I dislike someone, that's my choice. Or someone else's. We shouldn't need to change our opinions, just because he's a great person. Sometimes great people can rub someone the wrong way because they are great.

You missed the point.

There are people who live their lives consumed by sports hate and we have some of them here. What in the absolute fuck is the point of living life that way? People getting enraged by someone they'll never know winning a sports game when their team wasn't even involved in it is some sucker shit.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Maybe I did since it wasn't directed at me, like you said. Though I agree about the hatred part for any player, team, or what have you. It is redundant and stupid. I mean I was super mad at the Oilers for being dipshits for the longest time, but it was insane to be upset about that. After all, it is entertainment. You just get to live it vicariously. Same reason why I can now play Overwatch and not get upset with getting murdered so easily. Just enjoy it for what it is, not what you wish it to be.

Also the dipshits part is me replaying what I was thinking at the time (back in 2013), I just now think it is unfortunate that my team sucks. Though I will admit I do get outraged when my team does something stupid. Because it is stupid.

Okay, tl;dr, I get what you are saying 209. Missed the point entirely when I should've understood it. Thanks for that.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Skip is the man. These ESPN talking heads shitting on him didn't mind his success when they were eating scraps that fell off of the King's table. But now that ratings are going elsewhere they're trying to cater to the haters and use his name for their gain the last chance they've got. Fuck 'em, Skip's like Johnny Football, his legacy is secure.

Reaction score
209 said:
Skip has the easiest job in the world and it makes ESPN employees look bad to say something about him now when he was getting paid far more than them for trolling and they kept their mouth shut.

Flik said:

You missed the point.

There are people who live their lives consumed by sports hate and we have some of them here. What in the absolute fuck is the point of living life that way? People getting enraged by someone they'll never know winning a sports game when their team wasn't even involved in it is some sucker shit.

If you didn't hate Tom Brady winning a soup, that's some sucker shit

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Pfft I hated it for like 13 seconds then rolled a joint and jerked it to Jizzelle and his other baby mama. I showed who was superior by making Tom Brady a metaphysical cuck.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
209 said:
You missed the point.

I know this is probably directed at me. That's a pretty big assumption about how I live or conduct my life off the board. When the Finals ended I made a few posts here, sent a few tweets and kept watching MITB.
Some of my friends gave me shit about Lebron winning and we all had a laugh. That was about it though.

It doesn't consume me or anything like that.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Flik said:

I agree with this. I usually like LZ's work, but I feel like this was really lazy writing and I did not like the timing of the publishing. If he truly believed the tenor of the article, which I do not wholly disagree with, I would have rather he publish it before Game 7. Obviously a central part of the article was the defining moment in the game of LeBron blocking Iggy's shot, but the LeBron haters were going to exist win or lose so I would have liked to have seen the article posted before the result was in hand.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Russillo and Kanell said on their show the other day that ESPN basically had a policy that its talent wasn't allowed to criticize Skip because his act was such a cash cow. Maybe it's a bad look to dump on him on his way out, but I think it's a case of other ESPN personalities finally getting stuff off their chest that they were prevented from saying in the past. The shackles are off, and now they are airing it out.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The funny part is that Skip is a troll and knows he's full of shit. Just seeing how many people take his act so seriously has to crack him up on a daily basis.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
I agree that Bayless is a professional troll. I don't know if I necessarily believe that he is aware that he is a troll, or that he knows that he's full of shit. It's certainly plausible, bordering on likely, but I've met too many people who legitimately believe in bullshit to just assume that it's an act.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Well, considering how Bill couldn't say anything until he left, probably are right about it.

Still, geezus that looks bad though, with tearing into Skip on his way out.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Yo, when did the Sportscenter Update people on ESPN Radio get so salty? I don't know who this muh-fucka was on the 18:00 ET update, but he was mad editorial.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Rumors are Kellerman is leaving SportsNation to be Screamin' Stephen's new foil on First Take.

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
Kellerman would be an excellent edition to First Take. Huge loss for 710 ESPN in LA if Kellerman jumps ship.

Is it against the spirit of this thread to say that First Take may be the best sports show on television?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I've been following Max since he was doing a boxing show on public access in NY years ago, so it's cool to see him getting more opportunities. It should be interesting to see the dynamic between he and Screamin' A.