Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

ESPN Sucks 3rd Version

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Charissa Thompson is headed back to ESPN and may takeover Berman's spot on Countdown

Well, Thompson is denying it but it's been reported by a few outlets, including Sporting News

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
LZ Granderson on SportsNation and Keyshawn Johnson and Mychal Thompson on ESPN Radio accuse Dan LeBatard of racist overtones and stereotypes of his thoughts that Magic went to the front of the line because of his fame and charm.

Listened to the podcast yesterday before this, I think a lot of this is people at ESPN love Magic and would not look into possible critiques of the hire.

Staff member
Reaction score
I did think that the stereotypes LeBatard used were ignorant at best.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
209 said:
I did think that the stereotypes LeBatard used were ignorant at best.

What did you think were ignorant about them? I'm asking more because I did not see them as such, but I won't be so close minded to say "You're Wrong!!!!"

Highlighting Magic's failures to make a point may not be fair, but I also think all of his successful business ventures are somewhat apples to oranges as a comparison point. I doubt Magic will add much more revenue to the Lakers bottom line and I think it is fair to wonder how much a Magic-Pelinka pairing will be much better for the future than Jim Buss-Kupchak in regards to personnel.

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
Keyshawn Johnson is profoundly horrible, and why 710 gave him a show I will not even bother trying to figure out. At least Sedano gave a decent counterpoint to what Le Batard said.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I can't decide whether watching the crew of The Dan LeBatard Show watching First Take in real time, and giving play-by-play is the greatest or the worst thing in the history of television.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
http://nypost.com/2017/04/04/wwe-legend-calls-dan-le-batard-a-monkey-in-vicious-tirade/

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Eh, after slogging through some of the backlash, I side with LeBatard. Between the cognitive dissonance of DDP identifying himself as "Positively Page," just before launching into a profanity-laden tirade, and all of the pressed marks in LeBatard's mentions, I can't see myself on DDP's side in this.

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
Dan "SCUM" Lebatard is great at most things but not interviews. Yelling at Page "DID YOU GOUGE HIS EYES OUT" is hacky and not entertaining.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Oh, the interview was terrible. I was on Page's side, until he lost his shit. He should have just pulled a Bilas and hung up on LeBatard.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I cannot stand Jemele Hill. There's just something about her that's so annoying and off putting.

I don't watch her show but even the commercials I see for it drive me up a wall.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
MFer said:
The black community is rejoicing over Sage Steele being removed from NBA Countdown (ironically by Michelle Beadle, who many black people believe is racist). Some background on why people hate Sage.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2017/03/sage-steele-called-me-a-liar-but-here-is-the-truth-she-doesnt-ever-bother-to-hide/

okay, I agree with him that just because someone uses slang or doesn't use perfect grammar, that it's all irrelevant to their overall intelligence. But the way you use grammar to articulate your thoughts does matter sometimes because:

You judging because Tiger cheater, might want to be very careful with those stones cause it wouldn’t take much for that glass house to break like Stone Cold Steve Austin music hitting.

looks bad and makes it harder to get to the point.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Mr. Clutch said:
MFer said:
The black community is rejoicing over Sage Steele being removed from NBA Countdown (ironically by Michelle Beadle, who many black people believe is racist). Some background on why people hate Sage.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2017/03/sage-steele-called-me-a-liar-but-here-is-the-truth-she-doesnt-ever-bother-to-hide/

okay, I agree with him that just because someone uses slang or doesn't use perfect grammar, that it's all irrelevant to their overall intelligence. But the way you use grammar to articulate your thoughts does matter sometimes because:

You judging because Tiger cheater, might want to be very careful with those stones cause it wouldn’t take much for that glass house to break like Stone Cold Steve Austin music hitting.

looks bad and makes it harder to get to the point.

I think the point was

those stones cause it wouldn’t take much for that glass house to break like Stone Cold Steve Austin music hitting.

BAH GAWD

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It was announced officially that Mike and Mike is ending. It was a corporate decision due to ESPN's plummeting numbers.

It certainly looks like Greenberg and everyone's favorite Trumpster Sage Steele will be hosting a morning talk show on I would assume ESPN 2

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mass firings coming from ESPN today

Ed Werder, John Buccigross first ones leaked, lots more coming (Buccigross not gone but ESPN will reportedly not pick up his contract when it ends)

Jim Bowden and his toupee are gone

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
http://deadspin.com/a-running-list-of-espn-layoffs-1794664091

Well ESPN gave up its facade of having hockey coverage.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the people who seem to believe that the "real" reason why people are canceling ESPN* is because they're too 'librul' to explain where those people are going, instead? 'Cause it ain't like they're going to Fox or NBC.

* - (even though they're actually canceling cable, and/or packages that they're not using, but I've been told that that's a discussion for a different thread)

devo

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My advice would be not to wait for an explanation from anyone who blames liberalism for one's choice of entertainment consumption.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Some other names of note getting released/axed: Trent Dilfer, Jayson Stark, Danny Kannell (Radio), Jeremy Crabtree, Jim Bowden, and Karl Ravech/Hannah Storm will see reduced roles.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Harley Quinn said:
Some other names of note getting released/axed: Trent Dilfer, Jayson Stark, Danny Kannell (Radio), Jeremy Crabtree, Jim Bowden, and Karl Ravech/Hannah Storm will see reduced roles.

It almost seems as if ESPN's reaction to being accused of liberal bias and not having enough hardcore sports talk is to fire most of their hardcore sports talk personalities. Which would be hilarious, if that was what was actually happening... And would also suit me right down the ground: I loathe hardcore sports talk, anyway.

Staff member
Reaction score
All of those people are overpaid for what they bring to the table, which is pretty much nothing.