Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Factor 5 closes; I guess they weren't working on Kid Icarus Wii

AndrewTS

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/5253800/factor-5-officially-shuttered

There were layoffs and rumors of studio closings, but now it's finally confirmed. According to the company website, the San Rafael-based Factor 5 studio has officially closed its doors.

Rumors of the Lair developers closure surfaced in December of last year, following rumors that half of the staff had been let go. The rumors pointed towards the cancellation of their Superman project due to the failure of Brash Entertainment as a major factor in the layoffs and closing, which is backed up by the official statement appearing on the Factor 5 website today.

AndrewTS

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's still a studio in Germany, but I think it's way too small to make any major projects (this is mentioned on factor5.com) at this time.

Personally I blame Lair

Personally I think this is their punishment for Lair. :p

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Why would Nintendo have given KI to Factor 5 anyway? Kid Icarus isn't an on-rails shooter, it's an action platformer which just happens to feature a flying mechanic. Ever play the on-foot levels in Rebel Strike? Ugh.

AndrewTS

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BUTT said:
Why would Nintendo have given KI to Factor 5 anyway? Kid Icarus isn't an on-rails shooter, it's an action platformer which just happens to feature a flying mechanic. Ever play the on-foot levels in Rebel Strike? Ugh.

I have no idea, it's just been a huge, popular rumor for a while now, ever since the supposedly leaked Kid Icarus concept art was found.