Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

FALLOUT 4 (PC, PS4, XB1 - Nov 10, 2015)

Staff member
Reaction score
ViciousFish said:
Master Thrasher said:
ViciousFish said:
I'm bugged and can't die. Every time I should do, my character does the stimpack animation and I get healed to full. And all of my stimpacks heal rads.

What's it like to be God?

Pretty lame actually. It's making the game not fun.

Give your stimpaks to a companion or some shit. Then see what happens.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The last few days I've been playing without using fast travel at all, except when my settlements get attacked. The map is physically small enough to support it, and I've run into a ton of great stuff and lots of legendary enemies. The Lost Patrol mission in particular was a good one. In the midst of that, I came across a supermutant stronghold that I managed to blow half to pieces by sniping a suicider. Then a BoS vertibird showed up to fight the rest of them, and shit got really crazy. The random or seemingly random encounters are great.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Sniping suiciders from afar is the best thing, isn't? You're pretty much guaranteed to take out a good chunk of the opposition by doing so.

I haven't touched the main quest in like a week. I'm at the mission where you need to go to the C.I.T ruins but all I've been doing is roaming around finding new places and building up my settlements (I've been heavy into the Minutemen questlines).

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think my main questline is still stuck at "Meet Nick Valentine back at his office". Seriously, I'm running around doing Minuteman quests and clearing out random buildings looking for side quests. Did the USS Constitution quest last night, which was a blast. The weapon you get for finishing looks hilarious, can't wait to try it out.

I finally dumped my automatic pipe rifle. It served me well, but I hated the sight picture and it's damage was starting to fall behind. I got my Science to 3 and Gun Nut to 4, so now I can pretty much do anything to any gun in the game, so I modded out an assault rifle into my new mid range gun, and I've got the Spray N' Pray for close up damage. I think I'll go ahead and liberate the Castle tonight.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Had Piper tag along for a few hours before I found Cait. Sorry Piper, back to Sanctuary Hills with you! :p

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
I'm riding with Dogmeat until the end now that I've sunk some perks in to Lone Wanderer and the Dogmeat specific perks.

I have Piper, Hancock, Strong, Danse, Curie, McGready, Valentine, Cait... maybe others I'm forgetting just hanging out at base looking bored.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The game just feels right wandering alone with Dogmeat, but I love Nick too. Nice to have him around for hacking as well.

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Edwin said:
The game just feels right wandering alone with Dogmeat, but I love Nick too. Nice to have him around for hacking as well.

Eh, I'm at Expert with Hacker, and with all the little things you can do to make hacking easier, I'm going to hang with Dogmeat and my Lone Wanderer perk. I've already got Piper and Cait maxxed out, don't see a need for Nick or really anyone else.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nick's companion quest is the worst.

I finished the main story today. I sided with
The Minutemen. The explosion when The Institute blows up makes Megaton look like a firecracker.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I finished the main quest.
I didn't like the "choose a faction" thing in New Vegas and I didn't like it here either. The whole "are Synths people?" narrative just didn't work for me either. I ended up siding with the Minutemen only because I told Father I freed the Synths at Bunker Hill and ended getting locked out of everything else.

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone who starts this after getting it on Christmas or whatever should make sure their intelligence is no higher than four or five and get the Idiot Savant perk. Trust me.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1185014

Here's some of the Season Pass content. Note: If you haven't bought the season pass yet, it will go up $20 after March 1st.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1185014

Here's some of the Season Pass content. Note: If you haven't bought the season pass yet, it will go up $20 after March 1st.

I have a personal 23% off voucher for the pass at GMG, I should probably jump on that before the price raise, heh

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
I couldn't remember if I had the season pass or not, luckily I do. The story one looks cool... the other two will get me back in to the game for 5-10 hours or so.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have a bunch of PSN credit, so I might as well use it on the pass now, then.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'll probably get it. Bethesda DLC is typically pretty great.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Holy crap!

Also, the Automatron DLC, while short, is super fun. The ability to create robots and modify existing ones is amazing.. and honestly I'm having a hard time finding a reason to go back to any of the vanilla companions after this.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dogmeat is great, but I really liked Rex from New Vegas. Best of both worlds. :)

latest

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Empty Fossil of the New Scene said:
Holy crap!

Also, the Automatron DLC, while short, is super fun. The ability to create robots and modify existing ones is amazing.. and honestly I'm having a hard time finding a reason to go back to any of the vanilla companions after this.
Yeah I think the robots are more powerful and less judgmental of my actions.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I have a quick question about Dogmeat. The last time I saw him was when I was getting him to help track
Kellog
. He is nowhere near that area, and I don't have a clue where he is at the moment. I had read that if you build a bell in Sanctuary, he will respond to the ring along with the other residents, but there is no sign of him. I've also checked the dog houses around town, and he isn't in any of them. Is there another way to find him?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Are you playing on PC? If so, you could use a console command to transport him to your location.