Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

FALLOUT 4 (PC, PS4, XB1 - Nov 10, 2015)

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Apparently if you scrap all of the doghouses in Sanctuary, then build a new, singular, doghouse.. then reset the game.. he should show up. Give that a go, maybe?

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I had the same issue finding Dogmeat after that mission. He eventually just showed back up in sanctuary.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Still no sign of the little shit, even after scrapping all dog houses, rebuilding one, and resetting. I guess I'll hang out with the Humphrey Bogart synth a little longer.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I was rolling with Strong mostly because he can carry more. Switch to Cait to get the lovers embrace perk.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I have the same problem with Piper. I sent her to a settlement after I met Nick and I have NO idea where she is now.

Now I roll with Ada because she shoots lasers from one hand and fire from the other.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've found with some disappearing companions, it's usually to do with a quest. I had dismissed Nick to Sanctuary and he wasn't there.. Turned out he was at the starting point for another quest I was in the middle of but didn't complete.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Companions like Nick or Piper that have a home base, when you press the cancel button when the list of places to send them shows up they'll go back to their home bases. Nick to his office, Piper to the paper.

I lost Strong for a while and it pissed me off. Then one day I took a nap in the highrise I made for myself in Sanctuary and I could hear him bitching outside when I woke up

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
Finally found Dogmeat. I stopped by the first Red Rocket that you come across, and he was there hanging out.

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
Trying to get a large settlement to 100% happiness is a mammoth undertaking. I have The Castle up to 82%. Any tips to make these picky fuckers happier?

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Ugh, apparently the recent update that brought in the in game modding tool now makes it so achievements are disabled if you have mods on, never did this in the past games and were able to get mods from other means before this was put in and get them, but now, blah....

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I booted up the game to download the latest update and decided to just start a new game with a female character. I'll probably switch back to my level 49 dude when Far Harbor drops, but its nice to go back in these games and try different shit.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Okay so I've been playing through this. I've avoided other posts though so nothing gets spoiled.

I feel like a bit of a bastard. I've sided with the Institute. I've already turned the BOS against me and plan to do the same with the Railroad. But I hate the Railroad. Self righteous assholes. But I've sided with what appears to be the bad guys.

Also, is any of the dlc worth it?

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I finally wrapped up my main story. I joined every faction I could. Then betrayed The Brotherhood and took down The institute with The Minutemen. Taking a break from it to play Uncharted. Then going back to wipe out the BOS

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Damaramu said:
Also, is any of the dlc worth it?

The Automatron one is pretty cool if just to build awesome robot companions. I haven't played a ton of Far Harbor, but the setting is pretty cool and they are setting up an interesting story, though it seems to be heading towards another "you have to pick a side" conclusion which I don't like about Fallout games.

I kind of wish I could find better armor somewhere because my character is still wearing his Vault jumpsuit since I've upgraded it so much and I'm kind of sick of looking at it.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
I'm always in power armor, mainly because I can't learn how to not carry way to much stuff so it's the only way I'm not burdened, heh

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
CletusVanDamme said:
I'm always in power armor, mainly because I can't learn how to not carry way to much stuff so it's the only way I'm not burdened, heh

The fast travel while overloaded perk is a must have.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Mods are available on XBone today. I immediately got the one that shows exactly what your character will say. You have a 2GB max and achievements are disabled, but there's some cool stuff here.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Does it disable achievements permanently on your save or do they become re-enabled once you disable mods?

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
In think achievements are disabled only when mods are enabled because your save file has a [M] next to it and the game modifies your saves whenever you turn mods on/off.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Love these new add-ons that they keep coming out with. I'm all for new story additions, but the little gimmicks and such are so fun and addictive. Can't wait to create a Vault!

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
You can do experiments on your Vault! I probably won't get too in to it but I'm sure the internet will do wonderful things.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Mods on PS4 have been delayed because they've led to "serious" performance issues. What is it with Bethesda games not working great on Playstation systems?

I haven't played it in a while, but I didn't really have any problems with mods on the XBone.

Molotov The Bear

Chainsaw Batman & Tyrano Shark
Reaction score
Does anyone here have this on PC? Wondering if any of the issues people complained about for the PC version have been fixed since a friend just gifted me the game on Steam.