Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-30-bethesda-announces-fallout-76

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJliTUu4kxs

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
If the idea is a backwoods cannibal horror Fallout, I could be into it.

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Valeyard said:
If the idea is a backwoods cannibal horror Fallout, I could be into it.

It is a definite possibility if they follow canon(?) and set it in West Virginia where Vault 76 is just 25 years after the bombs dropped. Radiation levels are going to be through the roof, any survivors are going to be desperate, etc. I'm going to guess that IF this is an online multiplayer game that the Vault is going to be the mission hub/home base. I like the idea, I just don't know how the execution is going to be.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Rumor is it's going to be a survival type game like Ark Evolved and nothing like the games since 3. Guess I'll have to see, but if it's MMO in any way it will be a hard pass from me.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mik said:
Rumor is it's going to be a survival type game like Ark Evolved and nothing like the games since 3. Guess I'll have to see, but if it's MMO in any way it will be a hard pass from me.

The formula isn't broken, why change it? *grumble*

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damaramu said:
Mik said:

The formula isn't broken, why change it? *grumble*
I don't think they are - this seems more like a side game rather than a main entry (we just got F4). That said, if it lets us co-op, that could be fun. :p

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
That sounds fucking tedious and unrewarding if that's the case. I love base building, but that sounds horrible. That community will get real toxic real quick, to boot. It would just be Rust without the genitals and no doubt impending microtransactions.

Now if they make it, essentially, Fallout: Subnautica, I'd be interested.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Finally got some time in the beta last night and had a pretty good time. It's definitely buggy so I'm hoping a patch when it drops on Tuesday, but otherwise I'm glad I pre-ordered.

Server-wise, it plays a lot like how Destiny handles their social areas - each instance can hold up to 24 players and you can party with 3 others. I didn't look into it, but I'm hoping there is an option for private games on launch as that would be pretty cool just to quest with (or PVP against) only your friends list.

You can't be killed by (or harm) other players until you've passed level 5. If a player griefs you, you have the option to indicate so and after xyz conditions of repeat offenses are met, that player then has bounty placed on their head - which flags them to all other players. When the bounty is claimed, it comes out of the griefers own pocket, which is great. Obviously it's not going to be a huge deterrent as there are gonna be folks who wanna be the bad guy, but it's nice that they have a system in place.