Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Fargo: The Series

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
I still haven't seen the first season. The whole thing is sitting on the DVR. However, from what I hear each season is a self-contained story, right?

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Season two is about a case from the 70's that was mentioned in season one. Get on watching it. Fantastic series. Billy Bob killed it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Dr. Christian Storm said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFVNi8gUEy4

Judging by the trailer, this show didn't "True Detective" itself.

Is Kirsten Dunst wearing falsies?

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Two episodes in, and this show is still fucking brilliant and firing on all cylinders. I can't be the only one watching this.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Seriously, am I the only guy watching this season? It's like somehow better than the first season.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm behind two episodes, but it's great. It feels more focused than the first season. The cast, music, directing are terrific and really capture the feel of the late 70's. Bokeem Woodbine, Patrick Wilson, and Jean Smart are the standouts so far. Burn Notice kind of sticks out like a sore thumb, but maybe he gets better in eps 4/5.

I don't know what to make of the UFO element, but I have faith they'll pull it off.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I didn't even recognize that Dodd was the Burn Notice chode, so hey, works for me. Superb season--not much need be said beyond that. This and The Americans are the two most consistently episode-to-episode excellent shows airing now. FX doin' work.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
It's almost unfair how much better this show is than anything else right now. Great episode for Nick Offerman. It was such a small thing, but his "Great Caesar's Ghost" call while standing up drunk killed me.

I find myself not caring too much for the butcher and his wife, but the series has a way to get you interested in characters you're not that in to

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
It's easily my favorite thing on TV right now.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Edwin said:
I didn't even recognize that Dodd was the Burn Notice chode, so hey, works for me. Superb season--not much need be said beyond that. This and The Americans are the two most consistently episode-to-episode excellent shows airing now. FX doin' work.

He got better in episodes 4-6, but might still be the weak link because everyone else is killing it from Nick Offerman to the guy from Insidious.

Agreed on it being the best show on tv

top sorta 5 characters so far:

1. Mike Milligan
2. Lou Solverson
3. Sheriff Hank Larsson (I need to see more Danson dramatic stuff. I'm loving him on this)
4. Floyd Gerhardt
5. Peg and Ed Blomquist (I like them as the Lester Nygaard of the season. I think Dunst is gonna do something despicable before the season ends. Pleamons is mixing Landry with Todd and it's working for me)

Honorable mentions: Karl Weathers:Lawyer, Hanzee, Betsy, Noureen, and the Gipper.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That Betsy/Karl Weathers kitchen scene was heartbreaking and the highlight of another amazing episode. Offerman and Milioti were fantastic. Angus Sampson was also terrific.

Hank being abducted is the perfect and logical resolution to the UFO angle.

Mike Milligan is the coolest.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kirsten Dunst was fantastic. Every episode gives a different actor a chance to shine. I'll give Burn Notice some credit too, because his reactions to Peggy's madness were hilarious.

It's interesting whether they submit the series for Dramatic or Miniseries in the Emmys because I could see half the cast getting nominated. Wilson, Smart, Woodbine, Dunst, Danson, Offerman, Milioti, and Pleamons all deserve it.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Burn Notice was great. He got the best laughs out of me in this episode. I hated seeing him go, but with the nature of the series I'm ok with it.

Just two episodes left, and they still have the alien thing that I have no idea what to make of, but I trust the writers.

devo

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Have Yourself a Gary Little Christmas said:
"It's just a UFO, Ed"

fMb0zyM.gif

I love this show.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Line of a career, right there. Fantastic.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
devo said:
Have Yourself a Gary Little Christmas said:
"It's just a UFO, Ed"
fMb0zyM.gif

I love this show.

I kinda hope that's the end of the UFO. Only because I would love the writers if they were keeping this part simmering in the background just for that one great laugh.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hell of a finish, unsurprisingly. Hanzee rescuing who must have been the future Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers from those bullies was a delightful touch, too.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even better!

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/07/fargo-season-3-carrie-coon-cast-new-female-lead-fx-1201704555/

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Scoot McNairy and Mary Elizabeth Winstead have joined the cast.

It's starting to get stacked.