Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Fast-Food Breakfast

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NoCalMike said:
Has anyone tried out Subway's breakfast subs yet?

Nothing special, IMO. The egg white is very thin and the bacon slices are puny. Not really worth it, in my opinion. A bacon/egg/cheese biscuit or even a McMuffin from McDonald's is cheaper and more filling.

Actually, an Egg McMuffin might be the single greatest breakfast fast food item.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Making one yourself is even better.

1. Lightly toast an english muffin split in half.
2. Crack an egg into a small bowl or ramekin with a couple spoons of water and a bit of salt, nuke for 30-45 seconds
3. Spoon out onto the muffin, add a slice of AMURRRICAN cheese, and nuke for 15-30 seconds longer to let it melt, and that's it. Optional: Add ham or a frozen sausage patty or use different cheese to complete the experience.

Total cost is dirt cheap, takes less than 10 (or even 5) minutes and you don't have to go out of your way or wait in line at McD's for breakfast. If you actually wanted to make one that's closer to legit, you could bust out a griddle and do it all there too.

I like the Subway breakfast sandwiches, just withhold the lettuce and all that. I found the steak and egg ones to be decent, especially on a muffin with some chipotle sauce and onions and peppers.

MillenniumMan831

Monsoon_Classic
Reaction score
I never understood why they'll only serve breakfast until 11am considering the only exclusive breakfast item they carry are egg patties.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Taco Bell has had breakfast here for a while. It sucks, Taco Bueno is so much better.

Sonic has great breakfast burritos.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
I've started to drift away from fast-food breakfasts, but on the odd occasion I do love to get a Benedict Bagel from Maccas.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I ate at a place called Bojangles while down south. I approve of all day breakfast as a fast food concept.

Also they had something called "Patio Red Cherry" as a soft drink. That was interesting.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had Hardee's ribeye biscuit today. A tad disappointing. I wasn't expect high-class steak or anything, but this wasn't even Steak-umm quality.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
The local Dairy Queen used to serve it's own menu with Dairy Queen ice cream instead of the the standard DQ menu and they had the best breakfast buffet ever. Homemade biscuits and gravy literally as good as my grandmothers.

It switched over to the standard menu after it was bought by some Indian dude. :(

Robert

Robert
Reaction score
The instant macaroni and cheese must have helped him lose weight then.

JAxlMorrison

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There was a Wendy's several years back, that I passed by on my way to work. They had the best fast food breakfast sandwiches I have ever tasted.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If Bob had a 48 waist, he'd basically be perfectly round.

Reaction score
images

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Alfie Male said:
ブランカ said:
Christ. No wonder he had a size 48 waist.

Source?

The Lifestyle section of Exaggeration.com. Though when I did see him that one time in person he was very... "bottom heavy" is what you call it? Maybe he did power squats.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If only that were the case. I'm in favor of "healthy" fast-food options, but this bacon donut sandwich probably would've been better had it been greasier. And it would've been nice if the donut was hot—like fresh-from-Kripsy Kreme hot—but it was just like any ol' DD donut.

Still, it's not bad. I imagine my disappointment would have been greater had I actually had a hangover.

jimmy no nose

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is it a nationwide thing that Wendy's has really cut back on breakfast or is it just my area? I drive by two of them on a daily basis when I'm working in town and I noticed that both of them used to offer breakfast and don't anymore. There's also a third by my house that quit serving breakfast as well. I looked online and I'm not sure that there's one within 50 miles that still does it.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's a nationwide thing that most Wendy's do not serve breakfast.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Incandenza said:
It's a nationwide thing that most Wendy's do not serve breakfast.

Yeah, and that's bullshit I tell you, BULLSHIT! The only one near me that does is at the fucking airport.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard of this existing.