Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Fast food is too expensive

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
This is a good thread for me to bitch about the fact that all the fast food franchises have gotten rid of their wraps. The Wendy's grilled chicken go wrap was a nice $2 treat, as was the Newt Gingrich-endorsed McDonald's chicken McWrap, but the best was Popeye's loaded chicken wrap, which featured a delicious chicken tender and rice and beans inside a tortilla. And they're all discontinued. BK had a wrap too at one point but it sucked.
Bittersweet news: Wendy’s has a chicken wrap but it’s $6.49. And I don’t like ranch.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
A year later. ALL FOOD is too expensive. Jesus fucking Christ. I feel like I'm taking out a mortgage when I go to Publix now.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Burger King nuggets are trash tho. They remind me of the nugs we got served in elementary school. It's great for kids who aren't discriminating about such things but $1 for 10 is all they're worth. Bring back the 90s chicken tenders imo.

This is a good thread for me to bitch about the fact that all the fast food franchises have gotten rid of their wraps. The Wendy's grilled chicken go wrap was a nice $2 treat, as was the Newt Gingrich-endorsed McDonald's chicken McWrap, but the best was Popeye's loaded chicken wrap, which featured a delicious chicken tender and rice and beans inside a tortilla. And they're all discontinued. BK had a wrap too at one point but it sucked.
BK has a new crispy chicken wrap and it’s actually pretty decent. Three bucks, I get it without sauce because I don’t care for ranch or honey mustard but the tomato and lettuce are enough.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You are not a cheapskate if you are ordering DoorDash in suburbs/rural areas. It is a lot cheaper in cities. God damn Biden!!!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Wendy's announced they will start a "surge pricing" model where food will be more expensive during different times of the day but backed down after the universally negative backlash.

Staff member
Reaction score
Goddamn 8.27 for Cook Out now that’s good pricing. Suck it rest of America.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
ACC refs are dog poop. Hoping 909 can join their ranks before BC sheepishly trudges back to the Big East.

Staff member
Reaction score
ACC refs are dog poop. Hoping 909 can join their ranks before BC sheepishly trudges back to the Big East.
You would have loved the UNC game I went to. It was badly officiated but if anyone thinks reffing is easy they should have to sit as close as I did and try to do it themselves. And you have 21,000 people screaming at you that you’re wrong. AND there’s a big screen you can look at to instantly see if you fucked up (and I caught one of the refs looking at it). And at UNC there’s four of those screens.

for the record they were bad but there were things I noticed that other people don’t.

This was such a cool trip though, I checked a bunch of things off my bucket list. Had to go to Tobacco Road ACC game. Had to see Stings last match. Had to see Flair in the Carolinas (didn’t think I would get this one). Had to meet some TSMers. And then there’s all this other stuff.

LIKE COOK OUT

Staff member
Reaction score
Fuck unless that's in one of a few specific places that's too far.