Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

FFVII Remake Thread

Staff member
Reaction score
oh my fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
So it's basically FF7 using the FF15 engine? It feels like they had something much more epic in mind but business realities forced them to do this.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Something interesting is that FF Twitter account has stated that they are getting ready for the release.

I find that curious, because, uh... Is this a lot closer to completion than I thought?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is it still going to be released in "parts" like they had originally announced? (I'm on my phone and can't seem to get that video to start)

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
no fact said:
Is it still going to be released in "parts" like they had originally announced? (I'm on my phone and can't seem to get that video to start)
Yes. I'm fine with this because FF VII was such a big game to begin with. I don't want them to miss anything.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Agreed. I also feel like I'd feel overwhelmed if I had it all at once.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm skeptical. I haven't been a fan at all of most of SE's recent ARPGs and this looks like more of the same. SE has burned me too many times in recent years, so I'll wait and see what fans are saying once it releases.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I loved 15's battle system. It was my favorite overall since X's party swapping system. I can't wait to play this, and I hope we see a demo at some point.

Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTCmN8TtkgQ

southparksplooge.gif

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Barrett sounds exactly like he did in my head.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/bz5yp3/e3_2019_final_fantasy_vii_remake/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCJZg7pVtiI

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
In new Final Fantasy tradition, 75% will be cut scenes. If we could explore all 75 floors of the Shinra building, that'd be neat.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
In new Final Fantasy tradition, 75% will be cut scenes. If we could explore all 75 floors of the Shinra building, that'd be neat.

Id actually love to see a 3hr movie of the main story. could easily be told i think

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
So is this reaching Duke Nukem Forever levels of delay? I swear I've been hearing about this coming out since the mid-2000s at least.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The latest delay was only a one month thing. It's been a concept far longer than it's been an actual game, which is why you've been hearing about it for ages.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I'm okay with it being delayed because I have Yakuza collection also being released in February. I also decided to make February Final Fantasy month and play VIII, Lightning Returns, and few others.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
This was announced in 2015 or 2016 and is coming out in 2020. Duke Nukem Forever was announced in...1997? And came out in 2011. This isn't even close.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sabre said:
4 years for a game being made from the ground up isnt too bad. My only issue is with it being pt 1 of 4 the entire game will probably end up on ps6

I don't mind it being in parts. The Trails of Cold Steel series has managed that just fine and they feel like complete games (in terms of the amount of content anyways, they all run 100 hours+). My issue is that I haven't been a fan of most of SE's big stuff in ages. The last Final Fantasy I truly loved was IX and that was 20 years ago. Kingdom Hearts III was a big disappointment as well. So I just don't have any faith in the developers actually making something I'll like. I hope they prove me wrong, I'm just not counting on it.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Is 4 parts the official number? I knew it was gonna be multiple parts because FUCK SHIT FUCK GOD DAMNIT, but haven't seen anywhere where they announced how many parts.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Devoting a full-length time to Midgar alone sounds awesome. I want to explore there more than anywhere.