Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

FFVII Remake Thread

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As far as I know, there's never been an official number of parts announced.

So you'll probably be able to play the entirety of the FF7 remake on the FF7 collection coming out March 2029 on your PS6.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Three would make the most sense from a story standpoint, since the original game essentially took place in three arcs.

1. Midgar
2. Chasing Sephiroth around the world
3. Meteor and The Weapons

Game 1 would end with the Motorcycle Escape from Midgar. Game 2 would start at Kalm with the flashback and end at the Northern Crater with Meteor being summoned. Game 3 would start at Junon with Sapphire Weapon's attack.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Aeris' death will absolutely conclude one of the parts. No way they keep one of the games going right away after that. I would split it up in 5 by each conclusion:

1. Escape from Midgar
2. Aeris's Death
3. Return to Midgar
4. Cloud is sick
5. Final stretch to Sephiroth

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Don Corneo should be its own game.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Winter Epicland said:
Aeris' death will absolutely conclude one of the parts. No way they keep one of the games going right away after that. I would split it up in 5 by each conclusion:

1. Escape from Midgar
2. Aeris's Death
3. Return to Midgar
4. Cloud is sick
5. Final stretch to Sephiroth

There is nowhere near enough material to have 3-5 take place over three games. You also have 3 and 4 in the wrong order, but that's a more minor issue (and you could have easily just made a mistake). But how do you make a whole game on Cloud being the Lifestream or the final dungeon with Sephiroth. They'd either be like two hours long or the most boring games of all-time that they fill it with nothing but pointless fetch quests for padding.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Also I don't know how good an idea it is to assume it'll be exactly the same storylines as the original game. A lot will added and removed, so who knows how it all will shake out. It's going to alter enough to make it its own series.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Im fully expecting a lot of the side quests to be cut main game. If you ignore all of that the plot is pretty thin.

1: escape midgar
2: learn about seph and aeirths death
3: go after hojo in midgar and cloud gets sick
4: the planet summons the weapons and we take seph on.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So at some point they have to put a subtitle or a Part 1 or something on this, right? Otherwise there are going to be a lot of pissed off people when they realize this isn't the full game.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Probably not, it was well discussed when it was announced that it would be episodic but a simple "episode 1" subtitle would probably stop fans buying it.

I was just reading there and each "episode" is alledgedly the same length as FF 13.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well discussed when it was announced FIVE YEARS AGO. Between the time and the more casual game players who don't follow every bit of news, there's going to be a not insignificant amount of people who think this is a full remake

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
The demo was pretty cool. I'm still not a fan of them stretching it out to multiple games, though. Maybe if they are able to flesh out Midgar and make it feel like the giant city it looks like that could be interesting.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Midgar looks goddamn beautiful and the combat looks good.

I just want a Midgar game now in any kind of sense.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I got an email from Amazon today: "Not yet available. We'll email you as soon as we have a delivery date."

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Was on the fence about buying so I read some spoilers.

A lot of people are going to hate this game.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've lost interested in this franchise and won't even bother getting this. I am however looking forward to Bravely Default II. Those games are far more like the Final Fantasy games I grew up with than the actual Final Fantasy games.

I was hoping this would be a return to form, but it looks to just be more of the same that we've gotten recently.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
so this is only part 1 and its 90 gb? How many parts are there and when are they coming out?

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
They've haven't said. They're doing their best to not make it obvious they've split it at all. I suspect theres going to be a LOT of WHAT THE FUCK THE GAME ENDED HERE? Reactions online the next couple of werks.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Smues said:
They've haven't said. They're doing their best to not make it obvious they've split it at all. I suspect theres going to be a LOT of WHAT THE FUCK THE GAME ENDED HERE? Reactions online the next couple of werks.

Based on everything I've heard they've been rather shady in their promotion of this game.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Smues said:
Smues said:

The Ending is WACK. Cant wait till i see it for myself.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Picking mine up tomorrow. Gotta man up first and at least get through this RE2 play through first

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Youth N Asia said:
Picking mine up tomorrow. Gotta man up first and at least get through this RE2 play through first

Dont even, im stuck as ADA and trying to avoid Mr X while finding the electrical boxes.

I’m just about to meet X for the first time. Been putting that shit off. Going to make myself play in a little bit. So I’m barely even in there yet. The lighting in the game gives me anxiety.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Back of the box, in a font size smaller than the rest of the text on the back (excluding the bottom section with the usual game info and rating and copyright shit etc.):

"The story of this first, standalone game in the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE project covers up to the part's escape from Midgar and goes deeper into the events occurring in the city than the original Final Fantasy VII."

So they've covered themselves from false/misleading advertising lawsuits, but this just convinces me further that they've intentionally tried to hide the fact it's in multiple parts. Shady shit Square, shady shit.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It was never officially stated. But it was reported everywhere which I don’t like. If I was a casual fan and saw this in the shelf. I’d say “oh there’s that final fantasy everyone harps on about”

Then with the endgame

There are ghost things called whisperers who are there to ensure the game follows the same plot as 1997. Sephiroth is aware of them and is trying to destroy them with clouds help to change the future. As a result we are now entering a new timeline. And fucking ZACK is alive. And so is BIGGS.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Can someone explain why it's so bright under the plate? I keep looking up and the plate covers 95% of the sky but it's so bright in the slums.