Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jHv7GLgUlM

Game of the fucking year.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
Can someone explain why it's so bright under the plate? I keep looking up and the plate covers 95% of the sky but it's so bright in the slums.

One of the missions explain it. There is basically giant sun lamps that illuminate the place.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Got there finally.

I can to reliazation yesterday. If the PS5 is going to launch at the end of the year, Square will probably make this an enhanced version and release it with the system. Then a year or two later release the next part.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There’s an exclusivity sticker till April 2021. So many expect the “remake 2.0” ps5 with 20seconds additional content to be released.

And if I get the console. I’ll be the guy who buys it again ala what I did with kingdom hearts.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
I will say some spoilery things here.

After seeing all of it via some other people's play (I have no PS), I must say the purist in me is screaming "what the fuck are you doing", while the other side of me is going "I want to see what the fuck happens next".

I do like how they basically hint that this is a new timeline, so that the previous game is basically not null and void. This is definitely a remake of FFVII story, and therefore when the game ends, it isn't really FFVII anymore. So the Remake part of the title isn't exactly false advertising because it doesn't truly deviate from the end until well... The end. So I wouldn't be surprised if the next game gets titled differently.

Also, how cool would it be if instead of fighting Sephiroth, it turns into Cloud and him actually have to help each other because otherwise humanity dies out. Just as he's suggesting. Like that's what ends up being the key difference between this version and FFVII. That while Sephiroth was a bad guy in FFVII, in this new timeline he's actually more of an anti-hero and doesn't actually go insane.

The other aspect of this timeline could be that humanity survives. Sure, this becomes some Kingdom Hearts bullshit, but as long as it doesn't go off the rails like Kingdom Hearts, I could be all in on this. It also seems like Nomura is getting some advice from Yoshi-P (FFXIV's Producer) because these characters all feel so much more alive and honestly I want to play the game just because of them. I haven't thought about a game like that in a long time.

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Flik said:
I will say some spoilery things here.

After seeing all of it via some other people's play (I have no PS), I must say the purist in me is screaming "what the fuck are you doing", while the other side of me is going "I want to see what the fuck happens next".

I do like how they basically hint that this is a new timeline, so that the previous game is basically not null and void. This is definitely a remake of FFVII story, and therefore when the game ends, it isn't really FFVII anymore. So the Remake part of the title isn't exactly false advertising because it doesn't truly deviate from the end until well... The end. So I wouldn't be surprised if the next game gets titled differently.

Also, how cool would it be if instead of fighting Sephiroth, it turns into Cloud and him actually have to help each other because otherwise humanity dies out. Just as he's suggesting. Like that's what ends up being the key difference between this version and FFVII. That while Sephiroth was a bad guy in FFVII, in this new timeline he's actually more of an anti-hero and doesn't actually go insane.

The other aspect of this timeline could be that humanity survives. Sure, this becomes some Kingdom Hearts bullshit, but as long as it doesn't go off the rails like Kingdom Hearts, I could be all in on this. It also seems like Nomura is getting some advice from Yoshi-P (FFXIV's Producer) because these characters all feel so much more alive and honestly I want to play the game just because of them. I haven't thought about a game like that in a long time.

Haven't beaten it yet but I read the spoilers before I bought the game. I pretty much agree with you 100%

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm on chapter 14. This game is starting to feel like work. A lot of filler and repetitive stretches. Not much happening. Boss battles are great though.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
EV1hSaCWAAIhG5l

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I'm almost done with the game. I only have two boss battles left.
The whispers are confusing because they keep Wedge alive and then maybe kill him later. Also, I can't see why they were at the bar in 3rd chapter(?) I don't get why Barret attacked Sephiroth at Shinra HQ. At this point, he isn't an antagonist. I like that they changed the story because the users on GameFAQS can't stop complaining about it. Can't wait for what happens next.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Just started chapter 12. Really liking the game. But some of my lesser parts of the game so far have felt like the longest stretches.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I haven't played the original since like 2000/01, so I'm going back to that as soon as I'm done. But so far the graphics are great and the battle system isn't the worst thing in the world.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I finished it on normal. I skipped several side quests and missed a few music tracks. I'm sad that it is over for now.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
I finished it on normal. I skipped several side quests and missed a few music tracks. I'm sad that it is over for now.

I missed a few music disks and a very missable achievement. To get a few achievement you have to play the game at least 3 times.. stupid dresses.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Finished it last night. I was ready to be done with it. But I had a great time. Ended my game at just a hair over 40 hours at level 37.

The music is probably my favorite from a game. The One Winged Angel theme at the end is so badass.

Not going for the platinum trophy. I just don’t have three plays in me while my backlog is as stocked up as it is. Gotta go back to RE2, then Days Gone, South Park, and a few more.

I haven’t played FF7 since the launch. So some of this was just vaguely familiar, while I know some was created for the remake. I wouldn’t mind a couple year break before dipping back in. I imagine that they’re going to start everyone at a set point and stuff isn’t going to carry over.