Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

FIRE JERRY ANGELO DAY

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Martz resigned over "philosophical differences." Apparently the Bears have a "don't let the quarterback get sacked" philosophy after all.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Holy shit the Bears are going to be competent next year now. It's too bad that Olsen was let go already, one of the best pass catching tight ends in the game and would have helped a ton in red zone situations in close playoff games. Who is the best guy for Cutler to throw the ball to now?

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
George McCaskey fired Angelo after going out to lunch with Rocky Wirtz. God, do the Blackhawks have to do everything in this town now?

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
What is going to be the reaction of Chicago sports fans when Jerry Reinsdorf kicks the bucket/sells/goes away?

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I AM THE ALLIANCE said:
Martz resigned over "philosophical differences." Apparently the Bears have a "don't let the quarterback get sacked" philosophy after all.

YES! TODAY GETS BETTER!

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
AceVentura.gif
AceVentura.gif
AceVentura.gif
AceVentura.gif
AceVentura.gif
AceVentura.gif

Reaction score
I AM THE ALLIANCE said:

article-1321062-0BA30744000005DC-104_468x286.jpg

agree to disagree

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Rack City Rack Rack City Bitch said:
What is going to be the reaction of Chicago sports fans when Jerry Reinsdorf kicks the bucket/sells/goes away?
Only the most ardent Sox fans still come to his defense by citing the seven championships that "he" "won" by buying the team that employed Michael Jordan and falling ass-backwards into a Jon Garland/Jose Contreras career year. Bulls fans, Cubs fans, and thinking people in general will see him for what he is, a manipulator of other people's money who got as fat on the taxpayers' dime as any Wall Street fuckup, which in turn played a huge part in destroying Chicago's once-thriving convention industry, all while exercising undue control on baseball, the Cubs, and Chicago politics. When he dies, the world will lose a bad guy.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
From the main article-
Angelo performed a shakeup in his front office two years ago that some viewed as an effort to cast blame on others while also creating a landing spot for his longtime friend Tim Ruskell. Pro personnel director Bobby DePaul and college scouting director Greg Gabriel, who Angelo hired when he took over in 2001, were ousted. Ruskell, who had been let go as general manager of the Seattle Seahawks, was hired and given a larger title as director of player personnel. It's difficult to say what the future holds for him now. Is Ruskell attempting a power play?
So Angelo might've been ousted and possibly replaced by Tim Ruskell. Have the Bears done a decent job in "player personnel" the last couple years? Conversely, the Seahawks obviously had a decent run in the mid-00s with Ruskell as GM but he was fired for a reason. But it's not too promising for Bears fans if you're essentially getting the same guy who's been evaluating players the last couple years unless you think highly of the past two drafts.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They answered their wide receiver issues with a receiver who can rarely catch and their offensive line issues with linemen who can't block. Plus Marion Barber. Honestly, other than acquiring Cutler, I can't think of a single great move the Bears have made in forever.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Bears should in no way consider anyone internal for the job. Just clear that front office the fuck out.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tim Ruskell is just one of Angelo's handpicked lackeys and widely considered to be even more incompetent than Angelo. Why would they give him the job if they were so dissatisfied with Angelo's poor judgment? Ruskell's employment is also Angelo's poor judgment.

I saw that Lovie gets to help hire his nominal boss. Even the good days are bad. GM Tony Dungy.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
I AM THE ALLIANCE said:
Tim Ruskell is just one of Angelo's handpicked lackeys and widely considered to be even more incompetent than Angelo. Why would they give him the job if they were so dissatisfied with Angelo's poor judgment? Ruskell's employment is also Angelo's poor judgment.

I saw that Lovie gets to help hire his nominal boss. Even the good days are bad. GM Tony Dungy.

Current Lions GM Martin Mayhew was a Millen underling. Sometimes it works out!

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tice looks and talks like such a mouth-breather. I envision every play call prefaced with "duuuuh I tink we should--"

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So really Lovie Smith is basically the new GM, right?

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Agent of Oblivion said:
Yeah, but he's done a good job with the worst offensive line talent in the league, bar none.

He was horrid with Minnesota. Remember the Randy Ratio?

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
That's not an issue here, because we don't have any wideouts that are worth a single fuck. Shit, how about The Forte Formula? I'd be all for that.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So Mike Tice is the nominal offensive coordinator, but he will only be in charge of the running game while the quarterbacks coach is in charge of the passing game. (I presume responsibilities for draws and play actions have not been assigned yet.) Meanwhile, there's no general manager, and whoever is named general manager--now that the best two candidates are off the market--will be named by an accountant who has no background in football operations, with "significant input" from the nominally subordinate head coach, whom he will not be able to fire and replace. This is so Bears.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Watching Bret Bielema shit the bed calling mindless timeouts, etc, has given me empathy for Bears fans.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
mike_tice-620x300.jpg

Say what you will about the X's and O's side of things, this goober was BORN to be a Chicago football coach. JUST LOOK AT THAT DUMBASS! He's PERFECT! I can't decide if he looks like a classic hard drinkin' working class meatball or a republican candidate for district councilman that changes his last name to sound Irish.