Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Firefox 4.0

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see a thread for this. I just switched today. Having the home button on the opposite side is going to trip me up for a long time. Other than that it's pretty good so far.

Reaction score
I like it. Only bad part is there must be a memory leak or something. Plus, the plugin container sucks.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I like it a lot but I literally just these past few seconds realized you have to right click the back arrow to see the previous pages you've clicked on (as opposed to the drop arrow in the 3.0 version).

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I figured out how to move the Home button so I'm happy. I expect it to be buggy at first. But 8 times a day is a bit much.

Staff member
Reaction score
Never crashed for me. Does for my brother on the same PC. Sometimes I think all you guys are weird, no offense.

Staff member
Reaction score
You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I like it, after the adjustment period. I don't know why but whenever I connected to the "What's New on Netflix Canada" website with Firefox 3.X, my internet would hiccup for about 30 seconds. Smooth sailing now, but I do miss Norton telling me about verified / reported websites.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
overall I like it fine, but did they take out the ability to save your tabs when you close it or did they change how to do it?

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whatever version I had last was crashing a lot on me, so I'm glad to have 4.0 now.

Reaction score
BlackFlagg said:
overall I like it fine, but did they take out the ability to save your tabs when you close it or did they change how to do it?

You have to go into the config options and change it.

One change in Firefox 4 is to by default stop Firefox displaying the warning message, but it can be turned back on by changing some preferences.

1. Type about:config into the location bar and press enter
2. Accept the warning message that appears,

you will be taken to a list of preferences

3. Locate the preference browser.tabs.warnOnClose,
if its value is set to false, double-click on it to change its value

to true

4. Repeat this for these 2 preferences

browser.warnOnQuit, browser.warnOnRestart

5. Starting with beta 12 there will be an additional preference

that needs to be set to true - browser.showQuitWarning

Reaction score
Harley Quinn said:
I like it a lot but I literally just these past few seconds realized you have to right click the back arrow to see the previous pages you've clicked on (as opposed to the drop arrow in the 3.0 version).

Holy shit, thank you. I've been wondering how to do it.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
mozilla.png

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
I've had it for like four days and it hasn't crashed once. Maybe your computer just sucks and can't handle Firefox Four Point Oh.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
This is what happens when you try to run advanced internet browsing technology on a Dell Inspiron from like 2003. lol

Reaction score
Vitamin X said:
I'd rather stick with Google Chrome. Firefox has always been way too much of a bloated memory hog.

Do you have to run chrome on that laptop Google gave you?

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Every time I've looked Firefox has been using way less memory than the previous version. 3.X would regularly go over 700,000k but I haven't seen 4.0 go above 250,000k

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm with Matt, the new version always crashes whenever I try to do anything. Chrome and even Explorer don't do that for me, and neither did the old Firefox, just this shitty updated one.

Reaction score
MissSmackdown said:
Every time I've looked Firefox has been using way less memory than the previous version. 3.X would regularly go over 700,000k but I haven't seen 4.0 go above 250,000k

Look at your plugin container.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
Harley Quinn said:

Holy shit, thank you. I've been wondering how to do it.

You can also left-click on the back arrow, just hold it for a second and it will pop up.