Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Firestick/Kodi

Dandy

Reaction score
I was recently given a Firestick with the Kodi app downloaded and loaded with everything. Two nights ago was about the fourth time I had it open, and I fell asleep watching a movie. It ran in the background with the TV off until this morning. I tried to open Kodi this morning and most of the sections did not have their backgrounds/graphics loaded; there were no movies or shows to select; no thumbnails at the top for each section; anytime any option is selected, the "Working" circle spins forever in the bottom right corner; and the Exit function was not working.

A friend told me to leave it unplugged for a while and let it reset, then leave it open and allow updates for several minutes and everything should be restored. After doing that, I have gotten some of the backgrounds/graphics for some sections back. Some sections have the thumbnails. They are coming up slowly and sometimes backgrounds and thumbnails from previous sections remain on the screen for minutes until the new section loads them up. Most sections still have nothing: no lists of shows, no graphics, and no thumbnails. Even when a section has those (like Bob), when you click on a subsection below, you get zero items in the list and the "Working" circle spinning forever.

I am running Kodi 17.1 Krypton-Titanium, and I believe it is the Xonfluence skin. Everyone tells me to click this or that but nothing works.

Any help is appreciated.

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not really sure I installed Kodi and some extensions such as Exodus myself using YouTube tutorials, I'd check those out possibly you just need to reinstall some extensions

OldSchoolWrestling

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to this but I was told by the guy I got it from that I have to delete the cache, force stop, then restart it after watching a few hours worth of content. Seems to work fine when I do that.

Dandy

Reaction score
It locked up or was "working" for infinity when I tried those yesterday. I just deleted the app and will reinstall soon.