Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Fit Bit Watches

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Any thoughts? Comments? Got a Fit Bit Charge 3 for Christmas (my parents have had the Charge 2 for a while and love them) and I'm excited. I most like the steps & heart rate feature although the Sleep Tracker seems wonky, at best, partly because I tend to toss and turn a lot. It had me as "awake" for a half hour from 2:30 - 3:00 AM (Vacation, whoo) which was not right.

Thoughts on how it does the caloric intake stuff e.g. Food vs. Exercise? Seems like it'd be tough to get that calories right unless you manually input them all day.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm actually thinking of caving and getting one of these soon. How affordable are they? I'm not really a watch person and haven't been since I was a kid so getting into the habit of wearing something on my wrist consistently is going to be something to get used to.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Epic Reine said:
I'm actually thinking of caving and getting one of these soon. How affordable are they? I'm not really a watch person and haven't been since I was a kid so getting into the habit of wearing something on my wrist consistently is going to be something to get used to.

I've seen anywhere from $120 - $150 for the Charge 3 (I'd been eyeing them but thought that was a bit pricey so I was pleasantly surprised I got one for Christmas). Charge 2 are around the same price, $120 - $130 range so it's probably worth just going up a bit for the Charge 3 if you got that route.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I had gotten a Charge 2 at the start of 2017 and was pretty happy with it. Enjoyed the step tracker, messed with doing some of the activity stuff in the app. The sleep tracker was the one that threw me off because like you, I toss and turn enough where it acted like I never sleep. I don't feel I get as good of a sleep as I could usually but I didn't think I was as bad as the tracker said - and I get into debates with my father about this, as he lives and dies by what that tracker says. I also would try to find a designated time to charge the device, since it seemed intended to be worn round the clock.

I really enjoyed mine and ended up getting my mom one for her birthday that year, so both my parents were in on them.

Last year during the holidays, I ended up getting an Apple Watch. The Apple Watch, amongst its bells and whistles, focuses on completely different metrics. While there is a ton of extra bells and whistles and you can check on the steps, the primary focuses are completing three rings - a move goal (focusing on projected calories burnt), an exercise goal and a stand goal. Almost always hit the stand goal with no effort, even on the days where i am stuck being the most sedentary. Think it is interesting depending on what your focus is but life itself has made me less active in this year with the Apple than with the fitbit, so I haven't been maximizing the features.

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had a FitBit from my old job but it was a bit annoying as I had to charge it about every week. And then one day I lost it because the wristband was shitty and fell off without me knowing it.

I have a mi band 2 now and while it isn’t quite as full featured as a fit bit it’s a lot cheaper and I can go nearly 3 months between charges.