Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Food Thread of the Damned (Kamala)

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You know those signs, "there's a risk associated with eating under cooked meat.." ? I think that might be applying to me. Medium rare has become an abomination of my digestive system in the way milk has. Not helping that I got gas station chicken strips the following day.

Pray for anyone standing down wind.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s gross but it’s not abnormal. Ketchup on anything with the lone exception of shitty french fries is DISGUSTING.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No ketchup on burgers? TATER TOTS? And, yes, I am older than 12.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
my grandmother used to (and may still?) eat ketchup on scrambled eggs.

It's not great but I won't give anyone side eye (especially Grammy Kamala) for eating it.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In a Waffle House or IHOP setting, I put ketchup on my hash browns and don't consider it a total disaster if some gets on my scrambled eggs. It's something I tried as a kid and didn't hate it, but is not standard protocol when I make eggs now.

This morning I had a ham sandwich with condiments of vegan cheese, mayo, mustard, relish, and sriracha. The fridge had options of water, alcohol, seltzer water, or a gallon of Chika fila lemonade that someone must have picked up while I was at work. I poured a glass and it did not pair well with the spice of my sandwich. Then I started getting anxiety shakes, from the high sugar content, I suspected. I took some of my "as needed" anxiety medicine and finally calmed down enough and took a nap. I mentioned the shakes later on and was told, "well...I got the Splenda version, so it wasn't because of the sugar." So now I have another food thing I have to avoid, apparently.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One of my FB friends mentioned putting cottage cheese in hot cocoa last night. I think they were joking. At least, I really really pray they were joking. I love salty/sweet combinations as much as the next guy but not in hot beverage form!

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I googled "Virgin Boy Eggs" after seeing that chart BTW, so add that to my FBI file.
I feel like I read an article about the government trying to crack down on this, but people love them so much they gave up. Virgin Boy Eggs sellers go to local elementary school and get kids to pee in their buckets. They're not cooked, but more "steeped" as the ammonia in the urine does all the work.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I think there's a world where a bit of high quality dark chocolate on a burger could be pretty good. But I'm assuming this is sub-Hershey's chocolate syrup. No thanks.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I would expect a sub a minute would be right in line with Subway's expectations of their employees. Not even taking into account restocking the makeline and bread holder thing from the back.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel bad for whoever had to wait behind those ponces in line. I feel like those Subway employees would have been well within their rights to turn down a walk up 63 sub order!

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jesus, even when we'd do band trips with Subway catering, director would call DAYS IN ADVANCE to square away our 200 subs. Jesus.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I actually remember the food being decent-ish when I went to Disney World in the early-mid '00s. Like not good good but concession stand level good. But yeah, who the eff wants to eat at the amusement park? I'd be too concerned with ralphing. Get ice cream and/or fast food afterward like a normal person.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I will also accept sodas or slushie drinks since you don't want to be going through the park with a dry mouth but yeah.

I'd also argue carnivals/fairs are usually kind of different category than amusement parks and food is generally at least marginally better. At least they'd put cheese sauce on the cheese fries and not just grab slices of American.