Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Fortnite

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Been meaning to make this thread for awhile.

I got sucked in to BR, same as about 10 million others. Got decent enough to scrape together a few wins. But I am an RPG player at heart, so I'm really loving the Borderlands/Diablo esque Save the World PvE. I wish I had gotten into it sooner to be honest, because it's what I enjoy and I could never really compete with the amazing people in the PvP anyway.

It's still pre-release so there's some shit they need to sort out but I'm loving it overall. Just enough grind with everything under the sun able to be upgraded, so I think I will be playing it for a long time.

I'm sure most are more familiar with the Battle Royale mode though.

Anyone playing either?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I tried but couldn't get into it. I'll probably try again in a bit, though.. once my backlog is a little leaner.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My nephews are obsessed with it. The 9 year old one told me on Tuesday that he “needs it to live”.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I tried it and hated every second of it. Bunny hopping shotgunners and that stupid fucking building mechanic turned me off quick, and I've jumped into H1Z1 for my BR fix.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
I like the goofiness.

As I said though, if you like zombie killing tower defense mixed with Borderlands mixed with a little bit of Diablo loot grinding, Save the World is worth a shot.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been playing quite a bit for the past few months. I'm not any good at it, but I managed to win a round once.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I couldn't stand it. The building aspect, as well as the overall aesthetic, put me off immediately. Stand by PUBG being vastly superior (got it as a gift. Bluehole is never getting my money). It just looks ugly to me and the gimmick is so transparent. Being a bush is alright, I guess.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So this dropped on Switch this week and I think that is where I'm gonna give it a second go. I have it downloaded and will probably dive in this weekend.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I find there's too much going on in this game to play with a controller. I'm terrible at building even with a keyboard and mouse, but I have no chance using a controller.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Yeah - it's not easy. I was having success with Builder Pro configuration when I was playing Battle Royale more and got pretty good at building. Aiming is another matter unfortunately.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been playing a fair amount of Fortnite, even got a first place the other day in solo battle. If anyone wants to team up for duos or squads, I'd be down.