Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Frasier and POTENTIAL FRAISER REBOOT thread

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
We don't have a Frasier thread?

Well, we will especially need one if the proposed reboot comes to fruition!

https://deadline.com/2018/07/frasier-reboot-explored-kelsey-grammer-cbs-tv-studios-1202432451/

Anyone else hope for dark and gritty Frasier reboot like so many other franchises?

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Frasier and Niles as junkies please

It's revealed that Bulldog ended up killing Martin Crane.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
the twist is Martin frowned upon Bulldog's trans lifestyle tho so he is the good guy in the end

and having an affair with eddie

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maris was Niles split personality and everyone was just going along with him the whole time to keep him from snapping.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Oh man - the Niles and Norman Bates parallels are incredible. Should I call the network and/or Kelsey Grammar and pitch this?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
One of my all-time favorite sitcoms. I still watch reruns on Netflix from time to time. I'm fine with a reboot even if Martin passed away. They better get Roz back!

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
The opening shot of the series is a close up of Frasier's face and he looks serious, like he's about to do something important.

Then he puts on a big goofy-looking elephant head and the camera zooms out to show that he's giving a speech at a convention for furries in San Antonio, Texas. He's been trying to find new and unique ways to get over the fact that his wife left him for Niles. She'll only make guest appearances though, played by a different Kardashian sister each time. Having fans guess which Kardashian will show up will be good for ratings, imo.

Unfortunately Kelsey strong-armed the producers into including his politics this time around, so Ben Carson is gonna have to make a couple of guest spots as the doctor who took Frasier's old radio host job when he got fired for losing his shit over the Kardashians.

coming soon to the wwe network.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
It should just be shot from the POV of Martin's empty chair with dialog muffled by the occasional ass.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
Maybe the Frasier reboot will take place in Boston in a bar where everyone knows your name.

I've been watching Cheers finally for the first time and Frasier feels like a completely different character from his tv show at times. Still a great character, but the Fraiser with Niles would never pal up with Woody, Norm, and Cliff.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The real twist will be when they do a Cheers reunion and he shows up in his BEAST makeup

Also, was very sold on Valeyard’s pitch until I was told it was only OCCASIONAL ass. Go full or go home imo

Valeyard

Reaction score
That just goes back to my Jane Leeves fixation at a young age. I want to relive my youth via boney British ass, yet don't want to lose the narrative that my current self would care about somewhat.

I also would demand Bebe Neuwirth be around because that love never goes away.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
They also gotta bring back Frederick, right? First episode is Frasier and Lillith getting ready for Freddy's wedding and all the hijynx that ensue from it.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Only if he marries Stormy Daniels.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Love Paramount Plus aggressive takeover of the boomer audience. Yellowstone, Bar Rescue and Frasier 2.0 ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That looks quite bad. Going by Cheers cannon Freddy would be in his mid 30s or so.

Last edited:

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe he is content to not go back to a character he portrayed for over a decade and presumably financially benefited from to the point he isn’t driven to do it again.

Also, very likely he couldn’t stomach the idea of being around Kelsey Grammar again.

Valeyard

Reaction score
My love of the Cheersverse can't accept this as a canon revival.