Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Free Britney Thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well me or @HarleyQuinn were bound to start this thread eventually.

Haven't gotten chance to watch this documentary yet but will probably tune in now.

Bit of a background in case that is TL;DR. Britney Spears' father has had a conservatorship over her finances since her mental breakdown in 2008. She is threatening to retire from performing until she regains control over her own career.

All of the controversy over the NYT doc has prompted Justin Timberlake to apologize to Britney Spears (and as a sidenote, he finally gave a damn apology Janet Jackson about 15 years too late)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I mean it's all related to the Playboy interview and dating a teenage Taylor Swift when he was my age. He's a lot better off just shutting up and playing jam band music like he has for past 7 or 8 years cause anytime he opens his mouth, he says something stupid.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Actually, aguably worse, he said his penis was a white supremacist!

He also said when he was having sex with a woman, he liked to imagine he was having sex with every dude that that'd ever fucked her but in the ass. I smell a little bit of Yang around here...

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We have all had sex with John Mayer.
418full-john-mayer.jpg

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I don't want to stray too much away from the original topic of Britney but I don't think I've ever met anyone who actually liked John Mayer's music. I can acknowledge that he is a superbly talented guitarist but his music was always just blah to me.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think John Mayer is the only non one hit wonder that I can think of off top of my head that literally only has one song I like*. I mean that's pretty bad considering multiple Nickelback songs. I like plenty of dumb crap in that genre ( I like multiple DMB and Jason Mraz songs too) but it legitimately seemed like he was only doing that type of music to get laid. There's nothing that he does, that Jason Mraz doesn't do more competently (except a Jerry Garcia tribute). I bet Mraz is just as much of a dick but at least, he doesn't give interviews indicating that.

*That would be "Vultures", a song from his dad rock side project that he put on one of his albums for some reason. It wasn't even a single but it must've gotten play on the local adult contemporary station. It's some fine dad rock.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Mayer is a legitimately talented guy so his music makes me extra sad. We don't get much doucherock anymore.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Once was trying to make a metal album with the only guy I knew with a DIY studio that wouldn't charge me. His vision was, "you have more of a John Mayer voice."

SFH did not make an album. Could have been bigger than Faith Plus One, the metal version.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Once was trying to make a metal album with the only guy I knew with a DIY studio that wouldn't charge me. His vision was, "you have more of a John Mayer voice."

SFH did not make an album. Could have been bigger than Faith Plus One, the metal version.
Post a demo

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think anymore roast ammo is necessary around these parts :p

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score

Staff member
Reaction score

The thing I really took away from this is how her parenting led to this happening. A lot of people don't understand what it's like to have a mom like that. I do. The conservatorship is wrong, but if you don't know what it's like to have a mom like that, and if you think kids should be around a parent who's like that, just shut the fuck up. Again, the conservatorship is wrong, but no kid should be forced to be around a mother that unstable. People don't understand and they think from their couch that kids aren't affected by someone acting like that. The fact is they are. Her housekeeper can say whatever the fuck. It is deeply traumatizing. I just find that part of the article to be very personally annoying.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh man near retirement Letterman could be so boring sometimes but Kalter made me howl with laughter pretty much every time.

I had completely forgotten he did the voice overs for USA's airing of softcore flicks in the 90s.

RIP

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
My first thought was "man, why K-Fed acting a fool?" and then saw she was briefly married to someone else after him.