• Icee

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Froster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pick your (literal?) poison. Which non alcoholic, (occasionally) carbonated beverage is your choice?

Last edited:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Slurpee is the only thing on that list I've had, I think so it wins by default. Coke Slurpeee ftw.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I haven’t drank any frozen beverage, alcoholic or baby drinks, in a few years. I feel like if I did now, I would die of diabetic shock.

I feel the late great Dr Venkman and me talked about Frosters once. My power rankings would be Slurpees, Frosters, Slush Puppie, Icee. There was a 5-10 year period from the mid ‘90s to early ‘00s where 7-11 couldn’t operate in Maine, for some weird reason, which coincided with my peak frozen beverage consumption so I have drank a lot of Slush Puppies in my time.

Sorry to the other NEW ENGLAND MEN that I can’t remember what Cumberland Farms’ Slurpee knockoff is called but it would competing with Icees for last place on my power ranking. Although maybe it is better now that Cumbys revamped their menus.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
NEW ENGLAND MAN and you omitted Dunkin’. Don’t they have non-coffee Coolatta’s? And I’m sure someone like @SFH has an affinity for Orange Julius as it was the first place he saw down a cashier’s shirt or something

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Did you change the title to Gas Station or was I not paying attention when I dissented?

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I voted slush puppy only because of the parameters of gas station. Icees for me have always been a staple of a movie theater and not a gas station.

slush puppies are meant forever to be wedged between coffee and day old donuts with sticky straws piled up under the cups.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen a Slush Puppies machine in a gas station/corner store where the floors weren't sticky. Usually there is Chester Fried Chicken (or its even lower rent relative Krispy Krunchy Chicken) for sale and occasionally DVDs to rent despite it being 2020.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NEW ENGLAND MAN and you omitted Dunkin’. Don’t they have non-coffee Coolatta’s? And I’m sure someone like @SFH has an affinity for Orange Julius as it was the first place he saw down a cashier’s shirt or something
mannnn you are realllllly over estimating the Orange Julius cashiers of 1990s swampland.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If you're thinking Harry Connick, Jr, sure.

I live more in the Bobby Boucher area. Our Orange Julius servers were less Vikki Valencourt and more Clint Howard.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
.....I'd refer you to the clips from my friend's indy flick, but I was putting on a fake voice so that's no help. But I am 50% midwestern redneck, 25% rural LA country redneck, and 25% Cajun French.