Gaming Steals & Deals

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Picked up FIFA 20 and NBA2K 20 for $29.99 (Basic Full Game versions) from the Playstation Store.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
So just got a bit of a "steal", my mother ordered me the Special Edition of Death Stranding, it came today and was in a huge box, apparently they sent her the Collector's Edition, but she was only charged for the SE, and on top of that for some reason there were 2 copies of the game inside.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
A lot of Walmart stores are running clearance sales with Arcade1Up cabinets for $50. They’re getting harder to find at this point, but it’s a phenomenal deal if you see one. Some people have even gotten the Star Wars cabinet with the riser included, which usually goes for $449.

I haven’t been so lucky thus far, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. I’d really like to take a shot at a modding project.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
The Turtles machine is down to $200 at my local Wal-Mart, but that's the lowest I've seen in person. Some people have found the old Asteroids machines marked down to $1.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
I'm happy for everyone getting machines cheap, but it's made the Arcade1Up reddit pretty awful the last week. Instead of consolidating posts into one thread it's a ton of JUST GOT MY (machine) FOR $50 IN (CITY), CAN'T FINE $50 MACHINE HELP, etc. Over and over and over. I haven't bothered to try here, because I don't find it likely Anchorage Walmarts would sell them for $50, but also because I do check what machines they have often and other than if they sold a Golden Tee for $50 they haven't had anything I'd be interested in for a long while.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Yeah, I have been on there quite a bit, although I don’t post much. It’s also annoying how often the same questions get asked, but that’s a story for another day.

I’ve checked out a couple Walmarts around here a few times, but still no luck finding a $50 special. I’m starting to think it’s a blessing in disguise. The more YouTube videos I watch and the more ideas I get, I’m seeing how this could get expensive really fast.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
I have put a ridiculous amount of money into the two machines I've modded, but I don't think most people spend nearly as much as I have. At least per machine. Most people are just using a raspberry Pi and not a full gaming PC. And certainly not 7(and counting) arcade PCBs. Only five or six of which currently work. Grrrrr.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
GameStop.com has a deal today and tomorrow where the more you spend on $19.99 or less preowned games, the more you save. The top threshold is if you get $100 or more worth, you get 50%.

I had told myself I wasn’t going to spend money at GameStop seeing some of the scummy stuff they did surrounding COVID but ended up placing an order and getting some stuff I had missed pretty cheap.

Staff member
I went buck fucking wild on that shit. 11 games for 68 bucks.

Fuck that place

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Picked up the basic NBA 2K21 for $29.99 for the PS4 (40% off) from the Playstation Store. Not planning on getting the PS5 for a while so I wasn't gonna spend $79.99 for that Deluxe version.