Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Gaming Steals & Deals

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Picked up FIFA 20 and NBA2K 20 for $29.99 (Basic Full Game versions) from the Playstation Store.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
So just got a bit of a "steal", my mother ordered me the Special Edition of Death Stranding, it came today and was in a huge box, apparently they sent her the Collector's Edition, but she was only charged for the SE, and on top of that for some reason there were 2 copies of the game inside.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A lot of Walmart stores are running clearance sales with Arcade1Up cabinets for $50. They’re getting harder to find at this point, but it’s a phenomenal deal if you see one. Some people have even gotten the Star Wars cabinet with the riser included, which usually goes for $449.

I haven’t been so lucky thus far, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. I’d really like to take a shot at a modding project.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
The Turtles machine is down to $200 at my local Wal-Mart, but that's the lowest I've seen in person. Some people have found the old Asteroids machines marked down to $1.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm happy for everyone getting machines cheap, but it's made the Arcade1Up reddit pretty awful the last week. Instead of consolidating posts into one thread it's a ton of JUST GOT MY (machine) FOR $50 IN (CITY), CAN'T FINE $50 MACHINE HELP, etc. Over and over and over. I haven't bothered to try here, because I don't find it likely Anchorage Walmarts would sell them for $50, but also because I do check what machines they have often and other than if they sold a Golden Tee for $50 they haven't had anything I'd be interested in for a long while.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I have been on there quite a bit, although I don’t post much. It’s also annoying how often the same questions get asked, but that’s a story for another day.

I’ve checked out a couple Walmarts around here a few times, but still no luck finding a $50 special. I’m starting to think it’s a blessing in disguise. The more YouTube videos I watch and the more ideas I get, I’m seeing how this could get expensive really fast.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I have put a ridiculous amount of money into the two machines I've modded, but I don't think most people spend nearly as much as I have. At least per machine. Most people are just using a raspberry Pi and not a full gaming PC. And certainly not 7(and counting) arcade PCBs. Only five or six of which currently work. Grrrrr.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
GameStop.com has a deal today and tomorrow where the more you spend on $19.99 or less preowned games, the more you save. The top threshold is if you get $100 or more worth, you get 50%.

I had told myself I wasn’t going to spend money at GameStop seeing some of the scummy stuff they did surrounding COVID but ended up placing an order and getting some stuff I had missed pretty cheap.

Staff member
Reaction score
I went buck fucking wild on that shit. 11 games for 68 bucks.

Fuck that place

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Picked up the basic NBA 2K21 for $29.99 for the PS4 (40% off) from the Playstation Store. Not planning on getting the PS5 for a while so I wasn't gonna spend $79.99 for that Deluxe version.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Best Buy, Amazon and GameStop all have the switch version of the Borderlands Legacy Collection (1,2 and Pre-Sequel in one package) for $19.99 today. I have no idea how the Nintendo ports were but the Xbox versions of these games were some of the most fun I ever had on any co-op games.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
I have 2 on Steam and I cannot get into it! I dunno if I'm looking for a more Destiny-like experience, but I just feel like all my weapons are inaccurate and I have no health. Do I just suck?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I have 2 on Steam and I cannot get into it! I dunno if I'm looking for a more Destiny-like experience, but I just feel like all my weapons are inaccurate and I have no health. Do I just suck?
I don’t know if you are bad but I feel the huge difference is if you are doing single player or multi player. My experience was similar to yours when I tried on my own but when I got in some parties, I started behind because people were way ahead of me but I caught up fast and had a blast.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
Cool, yeah I have only done single player. It's been a minute for me, can you join random groups online? Or do I need to find other players?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, at least on Xbox you could do private parties or find people online. I feel like while I mostly played in private groups that one of the guys I used to play with brought in some random guy he friended in gameplay.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a ton of huge deals on all the sites right now to benefit Ukraine. EUIV Complete is on Humble Bundle for like 27 bucks Canadian. You can also get different levels of it at smaller amounts right down to just the vanilla game at 2 dollars or something insane.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
epic games has it's big sale on including big free games every day. Borderlands 3 was the first game, it's free for another 6 hours before the next one comes out. Humble Games also has big sales on too and probably Steam although I haven't looked. I'm pretty tapped out right now for spending money on games so I won't be buying anything unless it's REALLY cheap (or free).

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Arcade1 is selling a cabinet of the Simpsons arcade game to commemorate its 30th anniversary for $500 and I was actually leaning towards getting it before I realized that I wouldn't have room to put it in with my tiny apartment.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Epic Games has Wolfenstein for free (Bioshock Complete Collection was last week) so I grabbed that. Might install it and kill some Nazi's later.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I don't own a PS4 but I probably missed out on an ebay Goldmine here this AM: Most expensive one I saw was 5 dollars. All the way down to 2. I didn't google it and probably would cry now if I did. I did get my nephew a Pokemon Whatever on Switch for 5 bucks.

mother.jpg

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Solid enough games. But no eBay flip home runs. The COD games drop quick as new ones come out.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
broke my self-made promise not to buy any more games for awhile because epic games sale + coupon for 25% off for 20 dollars or more purchase was too tempting. I picked up Kingdoms of Amular Re-Reckoning (with dlc) a game I really loved, Jedi Fallen order, and Expeditions: Conquistadors for 25 CND when it'd usually be around 90.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
broke the bank on the steam sale. I got both Spiderman Games, Legends of Heroes Trails of COld Steel III, and Gotham Knights. I also got Midnight Suns, Danganronpa V3 and AC Valhalla recently along with Red Dead II. I've been playing RD2 so I don't know which of all these I'll play next.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
I've had the first Trails of Cold Steel on my Wishlist forever but I got to the point where I just wasn't playing anything I bought.

This time around I just upgraded to the Digital Deluxe version of Baldur's Gate 3. Larian deserve it.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@muzzington i got trails because it was on a list of jrpg's that were similar to the persona games as far as having social links etc. The combat and style of the games beyond that are very different but I've really enjoyed them.