Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Gaming Steals & Deals

jimmy no nose

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: Gaming Deals & Steals 2013

Yeah it says in the email 3 per game. I'm not really sure what you'd want 3 copies of the same game for, though. Copies for friends or an attempt to sell them at a very minor profit I guess.

The basic summary is:

Existing features that are staying:
-2x Reward Zone points on game purchases
-10% bonus trade in credit
-10% off preowned games
-Buy 2 get 1 preowned games coupon (one time use)
-50% off a strategy guide coupon (one time use)

New features:
-20% off new games

Eliminated features:
-Gamer Magazine (and presumably the coupons that came with the magazine, which were occasionally pretty decent)

It's unclear whether they're going to continue offering the other promos they have done in the past ($10 or $20 in reward certificates with game preorders among other things). Value of the membership is going to come down to how many new games you purchase over a two year period.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

So, not sure about down south, but up here both Futureshop and Best Buy are doing a promo this weekend only - trade in ANY current get game - old or new - for Wii U, PS3 or 360 and you get the current gen version of Assassin's Creed 4, COD Ghosts or Battlefield 4 for free. That's ANY game. Could be a game from 5 years ago or a game from last week.

Add to that that you can also take any of these three games and pay the $10 to upgrade them to the next gen version next week, and you're getting a pretty good deal.

Since I already bought Battlefield 4 digitally, I just traded in Lego Batman for Ghosts. I wasn't going to bother with COD this time out, but it essentially being free is a good motivator..

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Lots of stores are apparently getting stock back in for Sunday and Monday. Might be worth calling in to see what's available tomorrow.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I might pop in late tomorrow afternoon. I don't care enough about any of those games (or any game, period) to wait in line for hours, but if I can get one for something like NHL 09 or Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, I'd might as well.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score

Target has a lot of games Buy 2 get 1 Free right now.

Also picked up Mass Effect 3 for $9.96 at Walmart

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score

http://www.gog.com/

GOG.com has some limited-quantity sales going on their front page. They had 300 Hotline Miami at 75% off, which went in 2-3 minutes. Then some Might & Magic thing had 200 go in about 2 minutes.

While I was typing this, there was a Tomb Raider 1, 2 & 3 bundle that came and went, and I just missed a freebie of I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score

There's a big thread on RFD claiming Walmart Canada may have what I'm guessing is a price error on PS+ cards. 1-year cards going for $17.99--the typical price for a 3-month card. It may only apply to blue cards that look like this:

IiXg7nx.jpg

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Frozenbyte put together a site called HugeSeal.com, which is kind of interesting. You sign in using your Steam OpenID. Then you can request Steam coupons for a handful of indie games, at various discounts. The site recognizes which games you already own. If you buy 3 new games for your own library after requesting coupons, they give you one of the participating games free, as a Steam key.

http://www.hugeseal.com/

Both the base game for Giana Sisters and its DLC are on the coupon list--the base game at 80% off, and the DLC at 50% off. Steam has a "Twisted Bundle" available, which includes both items. The bundle recognizes the 80% off coupon. That ends up being $3.60, vs. $3.00 (base game @ -80%) + $2.50 (DLC @ -50%). As long as you request coupons for both the game and DLC, when you buy the bundle, HugeSeal figures you bought both individually and gives you credit for 2 games.

Next, I got Death Rally for $2.00 for my 3rd--and RUSH at the same time, because I initially figured that'd be one of my three, and I still kinda wanted it for $1.25. (And to potentially reduce the chance of getting it as the free game.) It gave me Antichamber free. Neat.

At that point, I had 1/3 for another freebie. I was kind of interested in Reus for $3.40, and Universe Sandbox was only $2.50, so I figured I'd go for it. Second free game: The Swapper.
1dance01.gif

I already had a bunch of the games on the list, and I got pretty lucky with the free ones. Anyhoo. Getting all that for $12.75 is pretty decent.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score

You can apparently get free codes for Warhawk, Destruction Derby, and Twisted Metal (all PS1 games) by doing something in PlayStation Home on PS3. Might only be US/Canada.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die is $5.99 on Amazon.com, until about 2AM. Should be a Steam key.
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Prepare-Online-Game/dp/B00917DBUE

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score

It's gonna be $5 on the XBL store on Monday. Witcher 2 for $7.50, Fallout 3 for $5, and so on.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score

I got that GTAV Amazon deal and also Bioshock Infinite from Best Buy for $20. In the next few days, I'll be looking for deals on The Last Of Us (Walmart has it for $25 on Friday but I hope that deal is online because no fuckin' way am I going to a department store on Black Friday), Diablo 3, and the new Zelda for 3DS. Maybe Tomb Raider, maybe WWE 2K14. For the last few years I've gone a bit crazy with the deals and ended up buying games that, while high in quality, I'm not really interested in and thus have barely touched (Battlefield 3, Killzone 3, Doom 3, Resistance 3, what the fuck is with all these 3's?) and I'm hoping not to fall into that trap again.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada supposedly has The Last of Us for $15. I stopped at a couple of locations that had it marked at $60, but they were both sold out.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score

Maybe I'll get AC IV from Best Buy since I have a $10 credit and it'll be like $30, but there really isn't anything jumping out at me for BF unless Microsoft's online store has another insane sale like Forza Horizon for $10 last year. I have a Zelda 3DS on layaway already (so I'm not running around looking for one) so the major thing I wanted is taken care of.

Watch Dogs getting delayed REALLY fucked with my plans for the rest of the year and dick is coming out until like March now.

Exslade ZX

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Here's a pretty helpful list by cyclonestoney from CAG for anyone looking for anything this BF. If they haven't already been hit by too many people, and started pulling games from shelves...Wal-Mart deals are already live in store. Picked up a few games, as well as PS+ 1 year for 30 bucks this morning. (And didn't have to deal with any crowd whatsoever, as not even the associates realized the deals are live.)

-Assassin's Creed IV:
$35 Microsoft, Best Buy, Walmart (guaranteed in-stock 6-7 Thursday)
$40 Gamestop

-Batman: Arkham Origins
$30 best buy
$35 Target, Walmart (guaranteed in-stock Thursday 6-7)

-Battlefield 4:
$25 gamestop (Friday only), Walmart
$35 Best Buy, Target
$38.99 Microsoft

-Beyond: Two Souls:
$25 Walmart
$35 Best Buy
$40 Gamestop (Friday Only)

-Call of Duty: Black Ops II:
$25 Target, Walmart (Walmart says Game of the Year edition)
$29.99 Best Buy

-Call of Duty: Ghosts:
$39.96 Microsoft, Walmart (guaranteed in-stock Thursday 6-7)
$44.99 Best Buy, Gamestop

-Deadpool
$20 Gamestop (Friday Only)

-Diablo III
$40 Frys.com

-Dragon Crown (PS3)
$25 Frys.com (Vita too)
$30 Gamestop

-Dishonored (GOTY)
$25 Gamestop

-Far Cry 3
$15 Best Buy, Walmart

-Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3)
$20 Gamestop

-FIFA 14:
$25 Microsoft, Walmart
$35 Best Buy, Target
$40 Gamestop

-GTA V:
$34 Microsoft, Walmart (guaranteed in-stock Thursday 6-7)
$33.99 at Best Buy and Amazon as of 11/27

-Just Dance 3
$10 Walmart

-Just Dance 2014
$15 GameStop

-Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
$20 Gamestop

-The Last of Us (PS3)
$25 Walmart
$35 Best Buy

-LEGO: Lord of the Rings
$10 Walmart (if you miss Amazon's deal)
-Madden 25:
$25 Microsoft, Walmart
$35 Best Buy, Target
$40 Gamestop

-LEGO: Marvel
$25 Walmart

-NBA 2K14
$40 Frys.com

-NCAA 14:
$25 Walmart
$40 Gamestop

-NHL 14:
$40 Gamestop

-Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale (PS3/Vita combo)
$10 Gamestop (Friday only)

-Rayman Legends:
$25 GameStop

-Saints Row IV:
$25 Walmart
$30 Best Buy, GameStop

-Shin Megami Tensei IV
$25 Frys.com

-Skylanders: Swapforce (Black Edition)
$80 Gamestop
-Skyrim:
$15 Best Buy, Walmart

-Skyrim Legendary Edition (all DLC):
$30 Gamestop

-Sly Cooper 4: Thieves in Time (ps3/vita combo)
$10 Walmart

-Splinter Cell Blacklist:
$25 Gamestop, Target, Walmart
$30 Best Buy

-Tales of Xillia
$20 Gamestop

-Twisted Metal ps3
$10 Walmart

-The Bureau XCOM Declassified
$30 Frys.com

-WWE 2K14
$40 Frys.com
$35 Target

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score

WWE 2k14 on sale on Amazon for 35 right now.
Ghost was 40
GTA 5 on Xbox 360 was 34

And more deals are coming. Just keep searching the game you want and watching their deals list for a time to be on to do it.

Lego Marvel was 30 on Amazon, I think it's going down to 25 later or less. They have a time listed.

Orgins was 35, went back up but I still expect another deal on it soon.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

From the Skyrim thread: Elder Scrolls Anthology is $30 at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Elder-Scrolls-Anthology-Pc/dp/B00E9I1FPI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385656856&sr=8-1&keywords=elder+scrolls+anthology

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score

Ordered AC IV from Best Buy for $25 ($35 sale price + a $10 rewards coupon I had). Those people that are saying it's worlds better than III better be right.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Amazon has nearly all those deals or better online now, too. They also have the 250 gb PS3/Last of Us/Arkham Origins bundle for $199. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger since I never did get a PS3 and it might help fill the gap till the good next gen games come out next year.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I bought that bundle. Being able to play Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Uncharted 3, Dragon's Dogma, and a shit-ton more for $30 (PS Plus sale on Amazon tomorrow - $30 for a year) plus getting access to a few games I never played like Heavy Rain and Last of Us is too perfect.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291026391514?customid=YRWnrFiYEeOT8xZ4I5Z1xw0_uglp3_0_0_0&pub=5574652453&afepn=5337259887&campid=5337259887&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D291026391514%26_rdc%3D1&afepn=5337259887

1 year PS+ for $22 starting at 12AM EST/9PM EST. Yes, I know now (if you're reading this within the two hours after I posted it) it says $50, but it's supposed to be $22, starting at midnight.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score

It's 15 minutes past midnight and those cards are still $50. Oops.

EDIT: Apparently the $22 deal won't be up until 2AM now. Fuck this, I'm going to bed.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks for nothing Kreese, I want all those clicks of the refresh button back!

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

Gamestop has them (looks like a download code as opposed to physical card) for $30.

http://www.gamestop.com/dlc/playstation-plus-1-year-membership/84626?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=TnL5HPStwNw-7ESKzVsZORlaOSU0.S5oAw

If you can get the site to work anyway.