Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Gaming Steals & Deals

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Grim Fandango Remastered is free on GOG for 2 days. (2nd banner down)

https://www.gog.com

Goes along with a winter sale, and a bunch of new games on GOG Connect.

https://www.gog.com/connect

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
picked up the new south park game during the steam sale as well as age of discovery for 2 bucksish. I still need to finish Witcher3 before I can really get into SP but I'm looking forward to it.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Best Buy has Destiny 2 for $22.99 today. With the Gamers Club it is like $18. Debating if I should pick it up as I know they are going to start doing the other releases and my backlog is big already.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Do not buy Destiny 2. It has all the problems of Destiny and it also is entirely bent on the everything being handle through the Eververse (loot crates).

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Humble Rockstar Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/rockstar-games-bundle

Rockstar's share goes to Rainforest Alliance charity

Pay $1+:
Manhunt
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto III
Max Payne

Beat the average (currently $7.90):
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
L.A. Noire
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne

Pay $15+:
L.A. Noire: DLC Bundle
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Max Payne 3
+ Rockstar Pass

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Best Buy has a lot of the Lego games on sale today. $20 for most or $16 if you have Gamers Club. Most noticeable are Lego Marvel 2 and Lego Ninjago, as both of those are usually $50 still.

Waffling on picking up the Marvel myself because I want it but have a massive backlog. Usually can also get an extra $1 off by opting for shipping and then switching to store pickup during checkout.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/humble-indie-bundle-19

Humble Indie Bundle 19

Pay what you want ($1+ for Steam keys):
Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition
Mini Metro
Rakuen

Beat the average (currently $4.48):
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
SOMA
Poly Bridge

More to come next week

Pay $14+:
SUPERHOT

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Various PlayStation stuff will be on sale June 8-18. There's a limited blue & gold PS4 Slim at regular price. Sales include $50 off PS4 Pro, $10 off PS+, roughly $10-20 off several controllers and games (incl. God of War).

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/29/days-of-play-is-back-new-limited-edition-ps4-11-days-of-deals/

2SNHGds.jpg

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Some decent sale prices in the PS store atm, considering grabbing FFXV Royal Edition at $24.99

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Best Buy is offering My Best Buy members Destiny 2 for $5. It's been this cheap a few times so I'm guessing they have a giant warehouse full of copies that nobody wants.

I bought it because why the hell not? Destiny 1 was decent to play but the "story" was an embarrassment so if I even get like a week's enjoyment out of 2 it's worth it.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
GameStop went live with some of their Black Friday deals today.

I got the PS4 slim 1tb Spider-Man (physical copy) bundle for $200. My old fat boy 500gb got me $165 in trade. Once I off the Spider-Man I’ll pretty much have upgraded my system and restarted my warranty for free

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
Went in on the Steam Fall Sale to pick up a bunch of games that have been on my list for awhile. I got:

South Park FBW season pass, so I could play all the dlc on the cheap.
Dragonball Xenoverse 2 Deluxe version (already been messing around with this a bit and it seems like it's mostly just a big upgrade on the first game but still a lot of fun and I'm a huge DB nerd so I'm happy).
also got Orwell and This is the Police which look like they might be fun time killing games.

I'm still going back and forth on getting Injustice 2 or waiting another 6 months to a year for it to go down in price even more. I've got enough of a game backlog that I can wait but I loved the first game a lot.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
broke down and got the legendary version of Injustice 2 as well since it was such a steal. STOP OFFERING SUCH GOOD PRICES STEAM! Tested it out to see how it ran and it works nicely on my pc even if it doesn't run on the super highest settings (I don't have this HDR shit) so I'm happy.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Picked up the Marvel's Spider-Man Deluxe Edition for $49.59 (33% Off) from the Playstation Store.