Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Gay Marriage + LGBT General News and Discussion Thread - Part 2

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Same sex marriage is settled (...I'm assuming, never know w/ the current incarnation of the Supreme Court), so conservatives need to move on to the next marginalized community to pick on to stoke outrage & campaign on to get votes rather than come up w/ good policies.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Both Israel and New Zealand banned conversion therapy in last 24 hours. Hopefully, it's a sign that similar measures will happen in the near future in the US although redpilled bigoted morons in Congress, I'm not going to hold my breath.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Greg Abbott is ordering state agencies to investigate reports of trans children receiving gender affirming treatment as child abuse.

JFC.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Busting out some positive news instead :)

"James van Riemsdyk and Scott Laughton of the Philadelphia Flyers wanted to do more for the team’s Pride Night than just a one-off.

Starting this season, the two players are providing game tickets to the You Can Play Project for 12 games. The team held its annual Pride Night on Monday and a recipient of tickets to that game was Juls Ries, a 16-year-old hockey player who identifies as LGBTQ."

"The percentage of U.S. adults who self-identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or something other than heterosexual has increased to a new high of 7.1%, which is double the percentage from 2012, when Gallup first measured it.

More than half of LGBT Americans, 57%, indicate they are bisexual. That percentage translates to 4.0% of all U.S. adults. Meanwhile, 21% of LGBT Americans say they are gay, 14% lesbian, 10% transgender and 4% something else. Each of these accounts for less than 2% of U.S. adults."

lgbtidentificationbygroup.png

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Greg Abbott is ordering state agencies to investigate reports of trans children receiving gender affirming treatment as child abuse.
One of the first people to be investigated is an employee of Texas' Department of Family and Protective Services.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

"This makes Daniels the only publicly out professional men’s soccer player in England. Blackpool plays in the Championship, which is the second tier of English soccer, below the Premier League.

Justin Fashanu was the last publicly out gay soccer player in England to play at that level, three decades ago.

At only 17 and already playing in the Championship, Daniels has a very bright future ahead of him. He only signed his first professional contract — with Blackpool — earlier this year."

I think more athletes coming out publicly and playing in high-profile sports/leagues will continue to help combat the anti-gay marriage attitudes/acts (I hope anyway).

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm really curious to see how these Bible belt sports fans are going to react to star players from their teams coming out. When Kapernick started his thing for racial justice, he was playing in a rather liberal market and it was the rest of the mouth breathers in 31 other markets getting pissy (I mean, I'm sure they exist in the SF/SC market too). If I am understanding this incorrectly, please correct me!

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Just pointing out we may not even make it 20 years when gay marriage was first allowed...

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
White nationalist male commits mass shooting
NYP: why would this troubled young man do such a horrible thing?
Possibly trans person commits mass shooting
NYP: GAH! BOOGEYMAN (wait. What’s their biological gender?)

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Stopped at a redneck bar for lunch (indoor smoking!). Everyone's drinking Bud Light. I've yet to meet many people who are ever up in th latest GOP culture war thing.