Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

General Fantasy Sports Discussion

Reaction score
In one of my irl leagues, I got offered Jimmy Graham and Percy Harvin for Jeremy Maclin. I already got Tyler Eifert and Gates coming back soon so it would be Graham for the flex. I also have 3 receivers in ODB, Golden Taint, and John Brown so Maclin is like WR2ish/Flex. Should I make the trade? Not a ppr league.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
In two weeks, Graham only has 10 targets. That's with Russell Wilson throwing 30+ in both games. If you want to take a risk, since it seems Harvin isn't a bad pick up, it might not be too bad. And there's always the possibility of him getting more, just the team getting used to him.

However, the 2 30+ throw games with only 5 targets per game, would be a flag to me. Especially if there are no counts towards receptions.

Reaction score
Yeah it's a toss up trade really. Graham might get force fed next game but I still do like Maclin as the only viable receiver other than Kelce on KC. I made a counter where I get Brandon Marshall instead of Harvin and I give back Gates and Wheaton with Maclin. If he declines, I'm fine with that as well.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
That's why I wasn't sure to tell you yes or no. Graham could be rest of the way good, or if he gets another 5 targets only in a 30+ throwing game, that's what you can expect all year type of a thing. Which isn't good.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had a 3 QB rotation going with Andy Dalton, Tony Romo and Matt Stafford. I dropped Romo when he got hurt for Kaepernick.

I just got offered a trade of Russell Wilson for Matt Forte. The only problem with this is I am weak in the RB position and not many left to pick up so I would have to work some trades to make up for him.

Thoughts?

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Unless you have strong RB depth, probably not. If you had a strong RB depth, I'd say try it.

In actuality it is harder to get a really good RB than it is a QB. Unless you are in a dual QB start or 16+ league. Even then, still hard.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was leading my current game 117-61 before MNF.

My opponent has both Maclin and Charles. I was feeling pretty confident anyway.

Final 117-106.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Kotzenjunge said:
Just SCHOOLED~ a league's draft including our very own Edwin MacPhisto and Agent of Oblivion. Here is what I got drafting at the #7 spot in a 10-team PPR setup, which is much better than Edwin's effort. Proud of this one:

QB: Matt Ryan
RB1: Jamaal Charles
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Julio Jones
WR2: Randall Cobb
WR3: Vincent Jackson
W/R: Andre Ellington
W/T: Eric Decker
TE: Tyler Eifert
D/ST: Eagles
K: Matt Bryant

Notable Bench guys: Chris Ivory, Brandon LaFell, Tre Mason, Eddie Royal, Carson Palmer

I assume this is your 10th place team lol

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Nope. I'm 7-1 and first place in that one.

EDIT: My lineup on the 10th place team this week, where I traded Hill for Allen Robinson (before the Thursday game) as well as TY/Antonio Andrews for Lacy --

QB: Carr
RB: AP
RB: Lacy
WR: Robinson
WR: Decker
TE: GRONK
FLX: Yeldon
FLX: Chris Thompson
D/ST: Eagles
K: Walsh

People on byes/injuries: Maclin, Romo, Aiken

I think that's a damn good looking 12-team PPR lineup, especially once Maclin and Romo are back over the next couple of weeks. The moves I made this week really set me up to make a serious run and close out the season against a weak remaining schedule. I've gotten my games against the really good teams out of the way now, time to make that playoff push with all of my big contributors finishing their byes this week!

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Kotzenjunge said:
I'm tied for second most points scored in my home league and I'm at 3-5 and 10th place. I had to vent about this somewhere.
I'm at 5-5 and the second wild card in the playoffs! I have a fairly easy schedule left too. There is hope!

Have any of you been knocked out of your home leagues yet?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Just did a 10 Team Public League... Standard Yahoo Scoring out of the 5th Spot

RB Adrian Peterson
RB Jamaal Charles
WR Jarvis Landry
RB Carlos Hyde
WR Demaryius Thomas
TE Travis Kelce
QB Eli Manning
WR Corey Coleman
RB Jeremy Langford
TE Tyler Eifert
QB Derek Carr
WR Kevin White
RB Justin Forsett
K Chandler Catanzaro
D Pittsburgh

Overall Thoughts: Went for high upside with my first 3 RB picks in ADP, Charles, and Hyde. Langford should start with the Bears and can be a good receiving back as a bye week filler. Forsett could explode back to bigger numbers after a disappointing season.

Went for Team #1s with some potential to boom in Landry (team should be passing a lot), Demaryius, and Corey Coleman (team should be passing a lot). Kevin White should be solid as the Bears WR2 and can put up big numbers if Jeffery goes down.

Eli continues to be solid and is in Year 2 of that system and should be more comfortable. Carr is great but still young so I may just go QBBC for the duo.

Kelce and Eifert are very good #1 TEs for their teams and get lots of targets from their QBs. Either essentially offers me up a 4th Starting WR basically.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Wiped out my balance on purpose like I told 909 I would ($11.75). Did a couple $5 entries, a $1 entry, and 3 different entries in the 0.25.

Didn't even bother with research. Just looked the qualifying and chose names randomly while trying to make every entry different from the next as far as names selected go.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So everything written about Kelvin Benjamin this preseason was a tidal wave of negativity. So he goes out in the first game against the vaunted Denver D and puts up 91 yards and a TD ???

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In a 1 pt PPR league, I was offered Devonta Freeman for Danny Woodhead.

Based on last year, it'd almost be insane to not accept this trade, but I'm strongly leaning toward declining. Worth reconsidering? It's potentially buying low on Freeman after a disappointing first week, though he very well may be splitting more with Coleman now. At least Woodhead is always good for 5-10 targets a game in his timeshare, in addition to carries. And Rivers losing Keenan Allen can only help.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
I'm trying to send someone a Ware/Gordon/DeSean Jackson package for Woodhead in a PPR myself (he's the Jamaal Charles owner). Keep him, he's an assured top 10 PPR back.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is everyone "questionable" this week? I know there's no more probable designation but come on bro.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Dude, it's nuts. You really have to dig into the news now from multiple sources to glean the actual truth.

Here's a General question for a General Fantasy Thread: I'm the commissioner of my home league, and I'm playing a guy who hasn't set his lineup in three weeks (yes, already). I fixed his roster so he actually had someone who was playing in each position. It wasn't a matter of making choices as he only had one option for the two positions I filled. I just wanted an actual contest and not a bye week.

I'd also like to add that this person is also my boss. If this was a bad thing, the Fantasy Powers That Be will strike me down with a loss to a previously winless team, right?

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Sex Machine Gun said:
Dude, it's nuts. You really have to dig into the news now from multiple sources to glean the actual truth.

Here's a General question for a General Fantasy Thread: I'm the commissioner of my home league, and I'm playing a guy who hasn't set his lineup in three weeks (yes, already). I fixed his roster so he actually had someone who was playing in each position. It wasn't a matter of making choices as he only had one option for the two positions I filled. I just wanted an actual contest and not a bye week.

I'd also like to add that this person is also my boss. If this was a bad thing, the Fantasy Powers That Be will strike me down with a loss to a previously winless team, right?

Your boss should give you a raise for caring about competition and spending the 4 minutes that dickhole couldn't manage to set his lineup properly.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
I put in Matt Stafford for him (he had Wilson) and dude gets 3 first half TDs. I'm still going to win but him and Delanie Walker will have monster days, watch. Book it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
So, I've had a manager in my keeper league have to drop out for personal reasons. I don't suppose anyone's interested?

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a general fantasy observation, but why are FF leagues still having Week 17 championship games? This time, you had Zeke Elliott and the Steelers law firm of Ben, Bell, and Brown among others sitting out. ESPN's default setting has some weird two-week playoff structure (i.e. you play one opponent week 14-15 and then 16-17 as the championship round if you make it) which seems shitty to me. I guess in their case, it's an extra week of fantasy TV and podcasting and whatnot.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
It's about fucking time. The defenses in my work league that I made super powerful will be even better. Teams like the Jaguars are viable streaming defenses now.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
A friend's 12-team 1/2PPR league had a couple of openings this year so I jumped on in. You get EIGHT keepers (no round penalty), so I'm pretty much inheriting a dynasty team. My friend asks me "1 or 2?" I said 2 I think, and it was appropriate, because this is the group of keepers I have going into our draft tonight and it's a big pile of crap:

QB -- Mariota

RB -- Miller
RB -- Stewart
RB -- Woodhead

WR -- Snead
WR --
WR--

TE -- Graham

FLEX --
FLEX --

D/ST --

K --

BENCH -- Doug Martin
BENCH -- Wendell Smallwood

I've left this roster up like this so I can compare later tonight. I didn't want to keep Mariota, but this is a league of dumbasses who have three QBs on their rosters and shit. WILLIE SNEAD IS MY WR1 RIGHT NOW.

So yeah, this is a project. I honestly put together the best keepers I could with free agents before they locked. I want to make a deep playoff run, which is possible when 8 out of 12 teams make it into the playoffs.

Some players no one kept, lord knows why:

TY Hilton
Allen Robinson
Alshon Jeffery
Tyreek Hill
Keenan Allen

I have the #4 pick, so we'll see how this goes! I can't wait to humiliate all of them and take their trophy. I WILL ACHIEVE FANTASY GLORY

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
That's a rough starting point. Since it's dynasty, might as well load up on rookies early and often.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had my fantasy draft yesterday. I fucking killed it with my WRs, but I'm going to have to trade one of them for a RB because to say I have a lot of question marks there is putting it nicely. It's a 12 man league and we go 20 rounds deep, so a lot of normally unrosterable people are on all the teams.

QBs: Mariota and Cutler (ugh)
RBs: Fournette, Mixon, Gilislee, Samaje Perine, Jamaal Williams and D'Onta Foreman
WRs: OBJ, Cooks, Hopkins, Hogan, Snead and Gabriel
TEs: Henry and Allen
Ks: Hauschka and Dawson
Ds: Bengals and Raiders

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Results...!

QB -- Mariota

RB -- Miller, Woodhead, Martin, Stewart, Smallwood, Rawls, L. Murray, Jamaal Williams

WR -- Keenan Allen, Mike Wallace, Snead, Robby Anderson, Malcolm Mitchell, Humphries (my queued WRs kept getting taken right before me!)

TE -- Graham, Brate, Fiedorowicz

D/ST -- Seattle

K -- Gostkowski

I went early on D/ST and Kicker because I wanted to get at least TWO spots filled with elite options even if they're those two. If I get 16 games out of Keenan Allen I have a real chance as the season goes on and Doug Martin comes back. I'm not a fan of having Mike Wallace, but he was the best option I had at that spot and I desperately needed a WR.

At least I'm not projected to do the worst. There are teams worse than mine somehow!