Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Get your ass on your phone and fix your fucking twitter right now! Part 3

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Of the four people featured in that screencap, the only one still regularly working matches is Billy Gunn. That's kinda funny to me.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Being Terry Funk's social media manager would be the sweetest gig out there.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Funks aren't going down any stairs. They have a den full of belts and manly shit, with a potbelly stove, and just chill. Bored surly Funk brothers in a pandemic should be streaming or something, just drinking beer and watching TCM.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJg64dxpzE0/

jordynnegrace

Verified​

Posting this again because I was AMAZED and APPALLED at the response. I lost 500 followers, and here’s why:
Men assumed I was transgender.
And no. This is not a years later transformation photo. One photo is from a photoshoot I did a couple weeks ago, and the other is from a few days ago.
To be clear, if you are transphobic, PLEASE unfollow me. I’m not upset about losing these followers. I stand 100% behind the LGBTQ community. I’m not upset about men thinking I’m transgender. I’m annoyed and disgusted that so many unfollowed me SOLELY because they thought I was.

Fucking Jesus. Why are men?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Are we making a distinction between the "World Heavyweight Championship" and the WWE Championship? Because, if so, my Top 5 is:

1. Faarooq
  2. Owen Hart
  3. Booker T
  4. Bad News Brown
  5. Ricky Steamboat

Last edited:

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
As much of a fan as I was of Owen and as great of a worker as he was, I don't think objectively that I could put him in this top 5. Aside from the stuff with Bret, there was never really a time where he screamed main eventer. I would actually argue that Davey was a bigger missed opportunity, both during the height of his popularity as a babyface (which coincided with a huge WWF push into the UK) and his heel turn. I don't think it would have taken much convincing to sell people on him as champion, especially during the New Generation era.

In hindsight, had Rude never gone to WCW, there's pretty much no chance he doesn't get the belt at some point. His outlook at the time was pretty cloudy with Hogan still firmly on top and not a fan/getting jobbed out to Warrior, but if he stuck it out I'm sure Bret would have had no problems putting him over. And a guy like him would have been desperately needed on the heel side at that time.

Faarooq is another solid answer that probably not many people would list. I talked a little bit about it in AA's top 50 thread, but he was perfect for that Nation leader character, and in a time where the Rock wasn't around to steal his thunder, it wouldn't have been crazy to see him get a cup of coffee with the belt.