Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Ghostbusters: The Video Game News

luke-o

www.thecollectorsroom.co.uk
Reaction score
Looks like it's a PS3 exclusive for the time being.

From Official Nintendo Magazine:

Ghostbusters has been delayed for Wii after Sony picked up the rights to publish the game for PlayStation 3 and PS2 exclusively on 19 June.

Atari was set to release Ghostbusters for Wii and DS on 19 June but the Sony deal has scuppered this and Atari has now told us that it will now be publishing the game for Wii later on in the year. Interestingly the PSP version of the game will be released in the autumn but a Wii date hasn't been confirmed.

The PS3 version of the game is developed by Terminal Fly but the Wii game from Red Fly studios is a bit different with cartoony visuals and Remote-controlled ghost zapping.

No news on the 360 version mind, but from what I can tell, that's also delayed.

Oh, and a video for the Wii version which I think actually looks really good.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/player.php?mode=article&id=693

luke-o

Reaction score
Fuck that noise, we got Apollo Justice, the 4th game in the Ace Attorney series, before the 3rd one!

luke-o

Reaction score
Not to play the continuity nerd here, but didn't the Ghostbusters close down their buisness just after the 1st film?

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No, the city of new york sued them for damages following the Marsh mallowman incident, and they were forced to go out of business.

Cut to GB2 and they are reinstated when river of ooze starts fucking shit up sequal style.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Or, in RGB continuity (which this obviously is not), Ghostbusters 1 and 2 are just film exploits of THEIR adventures and they never had a court injunction against them.

Also, having now watched the video, that seems like a very odd question considering it takes place in 1991 and they were shut down sometime between 1984 and 1989. So yeah luke-o, no worries about being the continuity nerd.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
I'm looking for a clip but the episode "Take Two" only seems to be on youtube in French.

Long story, in RGB, someone makes a Ghostbusters movie starring Aykroyd, Murray, and Ramis (Winston wonders if this is a casting list or a law firm). At the end of the episode, Venkman and co. watch the actual Ghostbusters movie, commenting that "he doesn't look a thing like me".

Obi Chris Kenobi

Personal Text goes here, Venkman
Reaction score
DrVenkman PhD said:
Or, in RGB continuity (which this obviously is not), Ghostbusters 1 and 2 are just film exploits of THEIR adventures and they never had a court injunction against them.

Also, having now watched the video, that seems like a very odd question considering it takes place in 1991 and they were shut down sometime between 1984 and 1989. So yeah luke-o, no worries about being the continuity nerd.

I think its on the Special Edition DVD of Ghostbusters 1 & 2.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Obi Chris Kenobi said:
DrVenkman PhD said:

I think its on the Special Edition DVD of Ghostbusters 1 & 2.

Close - that's "Citizen Ghost", which explains why Slimer lives with them and they wear different uniforms than the movie.

I noticed in the trailer that Ecto has a Ghost Vacuum on it. Nice reference to the original video game... maybe you get to avoid drunk drivers in this one too.

Obi Chris Kenobi

Reaction score
Ah, I knew it had something to do with a movie.

Not long till its out now, apparently the review copies have started to hit the grubby mitts of the magazine guys.

Anakin Flair

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Because I can:
Ic3m33TmwNW0Fpc.jpg

Take Two

Part 1
http://www.mediafire.com/?m3y0ecmvwy2

Part 2
http://www.mediafire.com/?nmlewxmnmzl

Part 3
http://www.mediafire.com/?cknhetnitgm

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
Just picked it up for the PS3 and installing. Hyped as fuck. I rewatched both movies over the weekend in anticipation. If you go to Toys R Us to buy the game, you get a $20 off giftcard.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
The ghosts seem much faster than your beams, but I don't care, the presentation of the game is a Ghostbuster fan's dream come true. I spent an inordinate amount of time
talking to the Vigo painting they keep in the firehouse. The fact they incorporated some RGB lore - Slimer being referred to as "our pal" and living with them and Janine still having a thing for Egon, according to a voice mail.

Obi Chris Kenobi

Reaction score
I'm tempted to import a US copy of the 360 game, since its not region locked. Its that, or I'll have to wait till October.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Ha, Janine gets a phone call to dish about 90210. Oh, 1991.

I like (I guess) that the product placement for Doritos uses a vintage logo.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm thrilled to be hearing all the positive reviews. I won't be able to pick it up for a few weeks at least, but I'm looking forward to it.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm stuck waiting until my Wal-Mart gift card arrives. I'm thrilled to hear its a movie license game that DIDN'T suck, and is in fact GOOD but dammit the wait for a card sucks.